Chapter 3 Dangerous Curiousity

"Ack!" I exclaimed as, yet again, my potion failed.

This was not one of my strengths.

"Yes! 3rd time in a row!" Solstice did her happy dance, which involved closing her eyes.

BAM!!

"Ow..." Solstice crashed into the table I was working at. She was actually good at brewing, unlike me. "Are you ok, Ms. Elr?" Mrs. Bel looked in our direction, concerned.

Elr? What type of last name is that?

"Yeah. I just got out of control." Solstice looked uncomfortable at our instructor saying her last name. "Be careful. We don't need you getting hurt." Mrs. Bel turned back to her book, 'The Canterbury Tales' I sighed, shaking my head. I just wanted this class to be over.

"Girls, it's time we head to your next class." I almost ran out of that building, wanting to get on with the day.

"Our next class is Spell Casting." I loved to enchant my things at my house, so this was going to be fun. As we walked to the class, we passed a building that looked so dilapidated, I wouldn't be surprised if it fell over as I was thinking this.

"Mrs. Bel, what class is that?" Solstice asked, echoing my thoughts out loud. "That used to be our class for students with powers, but it's rare that a student will have any special abilities, so the building fell into disuse." Solstice looked very uncomfortable. "Can we look at the building?" I asked, feeling uneasy.

Mrs. Bel looked at her watch, then sighed. "You do have a few minutes until your next class, so why not?"

Solstice and I headed in. There were targets on the walls, armor for the instructors, potions of healing, and four training rooms with all kinds of obstacles. I walked over to one of the rooms and stepped inside, not reading the sign outside the door.

"Welcome." A cool voice came through the speakers, making me jump.

I turned to leave when the door locked itself. My breath hitched. Turning around, I saw pipes on the walls. Water started to pour from the pipes, so I screamed, only to be engulfed with water. I closed my eyes so my contacts wouldn't come out, but it was too late.

I swam up, only to find the entire room was full of water. Panicking, I tried to get Solstice's attention by hitting the window.

The lord was on my side that day, because Solstice turned around and screamed.

(Solstice's P.o.V.)

I heard a faint tapping on glass behind me. I turned around to find a red-eyed Angel in a room filled with water.

I screamed, causing Mrs. Bel to run into the building.

Not caring who saw, I teleported into the room. Angel was on the verge of passing out. Grabbing her shirt, I teleported back out of the room, dripping wet. Mrs. Bel ran over and started shaking Angel. "Mrs. Bel! That won't help her now! She needs a hospital." I said, running for the main office.

"Help! Help! I need help! Please! I need help!" I shouted, running past a startled group of Platinum class members.

A head popped out of the office. "What in the name of...? What's going on?!"

It was Sergeant Bel. I skidded to a stop, still dripping water. "It's one of the students, sir. She was trapped in a room of water and had passed out already when I got her out." I panted.

He didn't need a better explanation, because he was already shouting for the nurses to call for an ambulance.

"Show me where this happened." I took him to the training place where we had been and Sergeant Bel ran inside, people with a stretcher following him.

Following the doctors to the ambulance, I was about to get in when a voice spoke behind me.

"I'm sorry I'm late, but I have to ask."

"What happened to her?"

THISISTHELINETHATSEPERATESTHEAUTHORSNOTEFROMTHEBOOK!DONOTJUDGEMYLINE!!

Cliff hangers! I love them, don't you?

I'm sorry if this was a short chapter, but I already have plans for the next one, so...

Thank you 19MedixPrime, for your comments. I know I wasn't all that descriptive... But I will strive to do better! Solsticewing is over and out!