Chapter 11 The Cause of War

"He be fine. No bad wound. Just bump."
"Thank you, Mother Ethel."
€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£€£
I gave a small groan. My whole body hurt.

A lot.

"Damian?" A tired voice called out, causing me to turn my head.
There was Solstice, laying on another bed. Her face and arms, which were all I could see, were covered in scratches. Her right eye was bruised purple and blue, letting it match her purple eyes.
"Hey Sol-" I broke off, coughing. Solstice cried out as I fell off the bed onto the cold stone floor.

(Solstice's P.o.V.)
"Mother Ethel, help! Something is wrong with Damian!" I yelled in Ev'horese, sitting up and getting off the bed in a panic.
"What is the matter, my dear child?!"An Ev'horian woman came into the room.
She then noticed Damian on the floor, coughing faintly. Ethel hurried over and put him back on his bed, then gave him some water in a clay bowl. Damian's coughing soon went away.
I hurried over. "Mother Ethel, what is the matter with him?" I asked, turning to the her.
She did not respond, so I decided to walk around outside.

The city of Ev'hor was huge.
Everywhere you went, you could go the next day and realize how much you have missed.
I decided to find a merchant and see what they had. Who knew what could be in store at this part of the season?

A shadow flew over me, inviting me to look up. Several Ev'horian children were flying high above the city. I smiled.

They need a mentor, shall I show them?

I spread my wings and pushed off, straining to get going. Once in the air, I headed for the children.
They were all staring as I approached.

(Ethan's P.o.V.)
I woke up feeling horrid. Not because I was sick, because I was guilty.

This is all my fault! Angel, and Damian, and Solstice. Gone!

I got out of bed and got dressed, wearing the outfit I wore when I first got.
Halfway downstairs, I stopped. This is where Angel was having problems when she first got back from the hospital. I shook my head and continued until I reached Mrs. Bel outside.
"Where are the others?" She asked, tilting her head and frowning.
"Mrs. Bel, it's all my fault. I got mad and Angel tried to find me, but I don't know where she is. Solstice tried to find the both of us and I accidentally crashed into her. I made sure she was okay, but when I went back, she wasn't there. And when I got back to base, neither Angel, Damian, or Solstice were here. It was all my fault."
Mrs. Bel took me to Sergeant Bel, to whom I repeated the story.

"Let's go looking for them, but just in case the Ev'horians have them, we need to take amour."
¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥£¥
"This amour is weird." I said, looking in the mirror. The armor was a force field-based leather suit infused with gravity cells, which allowed you to 'fly' to a certain extent.
That didn't matter to me. I could already fly with my wings.

"You ready, Ethan?" Sergeant Bel came into the room, wearing a matching suit.
I nodded, following him outside. The army men that lived at the base were training, but stopped when the sarge and I came out.
"Sir!" They yelled, getting into formation. The sarge looked at me. "Alright Ethan, you pick the men to go with us on the search mission."
I looked at them. Several stuck out to me, including a rookie member of the army.
"Alright, the Flowers are out here too." Sarge announced, a group of women jumping into formation.

"I chose Indigo, Rose, and Chrysanthemum. And Pine, Oak, and Spruce, from the Trees." I listed, each person stepping forward as I said their code name.
"Are you ready to go?" Sarge asked, beginning to smile.
I nodded.

"Let's do this."

THISISTHELINETHATSEARATESTHEAUTHORSNOTEFROMTHEBOOK!DONOTJUDGEMYLINE!!
Ooh! There's a storm brewing in the mix!
I wonder how this will end! Oh, wait... I already know!
This is a crazy storm though. Friendships are hurt, lines are drawn, and emotions are played. How this ends, no one knows.
I'll see you on the battlefield.
Solsticewing, out.