Chapter 9 Explainations

Damian stared.

"Angel, I... Where have you been?!" He asked. I smiled.
"Right here. In Elo'var, living and training in peace." I replied.

A knock on the door had us both look over. Ethan stuck his head in, his face pale.
"What's wrong, Ethan?" I asked. Ethan simply walked over and put Damian in the wheelchair. I stood up and followed him down the stairs(😓) and into the garden.
I sat down and Ethan pushed Damian up to the table.
"Ethan, what's wrong?" I asked again, worrying. Ethan sat down and looked at his hands. Solstice came up and say in the third chair.
"I told him he had to tell his story." Solstice explained.
I nodded, looking at Ethan.

"Well, um, I'm like Solstice, in the sense that I'm an Esrchild." Ethan started, still looking down.
"But I'm different. My father is the king of Ev'hor, my mother from Elo'var.
My mother had wandered into Ev'hor and into his castle when she was eighteen. My father captured her and, finding her pretty, threatened to kill her if her parents didn't hand her over permanently. They handed her over, but at a price. 'We must be allowed to raise our grandchildren.' They said. My father agreed and when I was born, my grandparents came to Ev'hor to get me. But my father said that he wanted my mother to name me, so she named me Ethan and I was given to my grandparents. I didn't know who my parents were until my eighth birthday, when my powers began to show. I ended up warping downstairs and falling over, my wings unfolding. My grandparents sat me down and told me who I was. That night, I snuck out of the house to Ev'hor and found the castle. My father was in a meeting, but when I walked in, I shouted, 'Father!'. He came over and slapped me for no reason.
Later, he told me that, in order to be reinstated as Prince of Ev'hor, I had to kill a human.
I was horrified.
My father banned me from Ev'hor and I haven't been there since." Ethan finished.
My jaw dropped, Solstice looked shocked, and Damian was speechless.
"What?!" Damian shouted.
"So we have a two princes and a princess here." Solstice murmured.

"Ethan, what is you real last name?" I asked Ethan. Ethan looked at me.
"My real last name is Ezr." He replied.

We all headed back inside after that.
Solstice pulled out a cook-and spell-book, and started making dinner.

Ethan got the place mats out of the cabinet and set them on the table.

I got the silverware from the drawer and set the table.

Damian went, got the cups, and poured us some water.

After a very silent dinner of pork and bread, we sat in the living room, staring at each other.

"What should we do?" Solstice asked, turning to look at me. I shrugged, repeating the question to Damian.
"How about...we go walking outside of base?" He suggested.

Solstice nodded, looking at Ethan to see what he thought about the idea. He was staring out of the window and not responding to what we were saying.
"Ethan?" I asked, worried. I took a step forward when he didn't respond.

Nothing.

"Ethan?" I asked again, putting my hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged my hand off, storming outside, the door slamming behind him.
I hurried after him, grabbing my shoes as I went.
Ethan walked outside of base, heading into the woods.

It was dark, and spooky in my opinion.
I froze on the edge of the trees, then headed in.

There was no moonlight visible, making it very easy for me to trip over roots and rocks.
'Why did Ethan come in here?!' I thought, looking around fearfully.

"Ethan! Where are you?!" I yelled, my voice cracking.
"Ethan! Come back!"
It was dark, and getting colder by the minute.
Yay.

After walking for a while, I saw a small clearing ahead of me. Hoping that Ethan was there, I began to run.
Biggest mistake ever.

I fell into a hole, my wings shooting up in panic. I slide down, dirt and roots hitting me in the face and scratching my arms and legs. The hole suddenly panned out into an open space, and I continued to fall. I screamed, though that yielded nothing.

I finally hit ground, though none to gracefully. Standing up, I discovered I had broken my left wing. Great. I looked around. No point in going anywhere, because there was nowhere to go. It was an open pit. I began to shake, out of fear and cold.
"Ethan! Ethan!" I yelled, looking at the small hole in which I came down.

'Well, this stinks. Big time.' I thought, sitting down, continuing to look up. I yelled Ethan's name a couple more times, but eventually gave up. I curled up on the stone floor and fell asleep.
(Solstice's P.o.V.)
I flew above the trees, looking for Ethan and Angel. They had both run into the woods and now I couldn't find them.

Great.

I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, because I suddenly hit something.

Hard.

I screamed as I fell into the trees, hitting every possible branch on the way down. Hitting the ground hard, I blacked out.
(Damian's P.o.V.)
I tried flying and managed to get into the air, my wings screaming in protest. I needed to find the others, because I knew that when a Ev'horian was mad, they tended to make rash decisions.

I just hope Angel is okay. After about twenty minutes, I had to land.
I heard a scream, then a lot of breaking branches. I hurried forward, only to see Solstice unconscious on the forest floor.
"Solstice! Oh, crap, what have I done?" Ethan panicked, suddenly landing almost right in front of me.

I hid in one of the trees so I wouldn't be seen.

Ethan hurried over to Solstice and checked her vitals. She must have been fine, because Ethan suddenly hurried into the trees, yelling, "Angel! Angel, where are you?!" I waited until he was barely in sight, then ran up to Solstice.

(Angel's P.o.V.)
I woke up and looked around, hoping it had been a bad dream. The shooting pain in my wing as I tried to move it told me otherwise.

Great.

"Ethan!" I yelled half-heartedly. "Help, someone help!"
I heard footsteps above me and started yelling again.
"Help! I'm stuck! Help!" I screamed, looking at the small hole.

"Is someone down there?"

THISISTHELINETHATSEPARATESTHEAUTHORSNOTEFROMTHEBOOK!DONOTJUDGEMYLINE!!
I'm back and better than ever, baby!
Yeah, this is the 9th chapter! Yay!
Let me know what you think in the comments!
Thanks, Solsticewing out!!