14. { manhattan }

The rain was pouring down the streets of New York City when a yellow taxi stopped before a rather simple looking apartment building. The doors open and three people walk out. Mr Gold, Emma Swan and her son Henry. Emma sees Mr Gold hesitating and asks if they were at the right place. He says it is, which leads to Emma's next conclusion.

"Let me guess, he's not expecting you." When Mr Gold says nothing she rolls her eyes. "Well, who doesn't love a surprise," she asks to no one in particular as she and Henry go first, followed by the hesitant man.

Once inside Henry studies the doorbells and the names behind them and comments that there was no Baelfire. "Yeah, that probably wouldn't fly as an alias. Your magic globe didn't give you an apartment numer," Emma asks Gold. Henry moves out of the way and Rumple leans in to look at the names. "It doesn't work that way," he explains to the blonde.

"Do any of these names mean anything to you," Henry asks from the other side of the room. "Well, names are what I traffic in, but sadly, no." Emma looks over the man's shoulder and notices one of the apartment's has no name attached to them. "Here's your boy," he says, pointing at number 407.

"No. Or it could just be vacant," he rationalizes, but Emma was sure of it. "You might traffic in names and magic, but I traffic in finding people that don't wanna be found and those sort of folks don't like to advertise their whereabouts," she explains to the two men and Emma presses the doorbell for 407. "U.P.S package for 407," she says casually.

The line disconnects and Henry comments smartly: "Maybe you should've said FedEx." But then they hear a crash and a clank in the distance and Emma states what everyone thinks. "Hes running." She throws the door open and sees someone escaping through the fire stairs. Henry and Mr Gold leave the building behind her.

"That-that favor you owe me - this is it. Get him to talk to me. I-I can't run," he says, pointing to his own bad leg. Emma sees him escaping and asks for Mr Gold to watch over Henry. Then she sprints after him right over the busy street, through small streets until she found a way to catch up to him. Just when he ran, he was suddenly tackled by her.

Emma pants and slowly raises her head, but then shock came to her. "No," she whispers when she realised who she just caught. "Neal?" "Emma?"

"Neal?" They stand up from the dirty, wet streets and he takes his hood off. "I don't understand. What are you doing here," he asks her. "What am I doing here," Emma asks. She didn't believe she was the one who needed to answer for things right now.

"Yeah," Neal responds, totally not expecting Emma to turn up here. "I am not answering anything until you tell me the truth. Are you Gold's son," she asks. "What are you talking about? Who's Gold," he asks her, seemingly confused. "You played me. You're from there," she whispers," You played me. And he played me. You both played me. You and Gold!"

"Whoa, okay. Emma, slow down," Neal says, trying to calm her down, but she was sure that they did this so she was forced to see him again. "What are you talking about, who's Gold?" "Your father, Rumplestiltskin!"

Neal falls silent as Emma breathes heavily after her outburst. He looks surprised, almost scared. "He's here?" "Why else would I be here in New York," Emma asks him in all seriousness. "You brought him to me? Why would you do that," he asks, raising his voice to yell at her. "Hey, I am the only one allowed to be angry here! Did you know who I was, where I was from, the whole time? Was this just some sort of sick, twisted plan? Did-did you even care about me at all?"