#3

"Toshi?"

"Hey freak, where you going?"

"How did we ever end up with a son like you?"

"Toshi? where are you?"

"Your quirk is evil Hitoshi! And so are you!"

"Why..."

"I'm sorry Toshi, I have to go. It will be alright"

"Don't even think about becoming a hero. I look forward to the day where I put you in prison"

"Why does no one care about me?"

"No one wants you around freak. Why don't you do us all a favour and jump in front of a train?"

A glass shatters, then there's a loud bang. "I can't believe we ended up with someone like you"

Hitoshi wakes with a start, looking around at his soundings. He breaths hard to calm his racing heart, and relaxes when he realises he's not any home anymore. Yamada crouches beside him, coming out of nowhere "Are you okay?"

Hitoshi nods, sitting up shakily. He looks at him, then out the window noticing it's dark. "What time is it?"

"8. We got home late, but you were asleep anyway. I hope you're hungry, Shouta is making dinner"

Hitoshi doesn't reply, running a hand through his hair sighing. Yamada frowns "nightmare?"

He nods again, and scratches at the burn on his wrist out of habit.

Dinner is surprisingly nice. Yamada talks about his classes, and tells him how Kaminari and Sero pranked Bakugou.

Hitoshi laughs as he describes the explosive reaction, and Aizawa smiles slightly, staring at his bowl as if he is trying to hide it. And for that moment, they felt like a family.
___

The next day, Hitoshi plays with the cats again and then decided to try and finish the homework he has out of boredom.

The two heros come home about 6, and Yamada immediately goes for a shower, probably to wash out all the hair gel.

Aizawa walks over to Hitoshi, and holds out his scarf "I brought your one back in case you want to train. I asked if we're allowed to train in the woods behind my house and we are. The test is in a few months, but if you want to wait, that's fi-"

"I'd like to" Hitoshi replies, "I want to be prepared"

Aizawa nods, "We'll go after dinner. There's a few things I want to try"

After dinner, Hitoshi changes into some suitable clothes before following Aizawa outside. They walk to the woodland area behind the apartments, and continue down a trail to a small clearing. He notices that there are fallen trees around the outskirts.

"Hizashi and I used to practice out here when we first moved in. The neighbours didn't like him yelling, which is why there's so many fallen trees, so we practised hand to hand combat instead" He turns to look at Hitoshi, "This is a different surrounding to the one we've been using. Even though I'm preparing you for the test, I want to make sure you can easily use your surroundings whether they're familiar or not"

"You can use your scarf to manoeuvre  around, and help you to get up onto different surfaces. That's something that can both help you get an advantage, and practice controlling it" he points to a tree "Try and climb up there. I'll time you"

Hitoshi nods, walking over to the tree and getting ready.

"Go"

He immediately runs towards the tree, his scarf unravelling from his neck and shooting up to curl around a branch. Hitoshi jumps and uses it to land on the branch underneath it, before repeating the same actions to manoeuvre up the tree. Suddenly, the scarf looses grip and he falls down, but quickly grabs a branch in his way down and pushes himself back up panting. He looks back at Aizawa before climbing the last ten branches to the top.

"A good start, but you're too slow. You need to be able to do it faster, and safer. It's alright being able to scale a tree fast, but if you can't ensure your safety it will be for nothing. So make sure it's secure before moving again, so you don't fall" He calls up, "Try and get to the tree beside you and climb do-" He's cut off when his phone rings, and immediately presses ignore with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Climb down the other tree. Ready? Go" His voice is more monotone than usual, but Hitoshi tries to shake away his curiosity as he jumps over to the other tree.
__

Hitoshi lies in bed, his arms and legs aching. They trained late into the night, until it started to get cold and Hitoshi was too tired to continue. Despite how exhausted he is, he still can't get to sleep.

Turning to the side, he looks at the clock and notices that it's 3AM already. He sighs, rolling onto his back and staring at the pattern on the ceiling for a while until he hears someone walk down the hall. It's Aizawa. He can tell from the soft footsteps and the hushed voice.

"Stop calling me" Aizawa whispers in a fustratedly tired voice. "I don't want to talk, just leave me alone"

Hitoshi slowly sits up, and listens in. He knows he shouldn't, but his curiosity gets the best of him.

"How did you even get my number again? No. No I don't want to talk to you. Don't call me that, you have no right-" He huffs, voice wavering slightly. Hitoshi notices that he sounds both frustrated and hurt. Who is he talking to?

"You made your choice. Live with it"

There's a long silence, and Hitoshi guesses that he must have hung up. There's no sound, other than quiet shaky breaths, and Hitoshi takes a risk to peek out the door. He sees Aizawa on the couch, his face in his hands, shaking slightly. He frowns, but decides to give him his privacy.

Laying in bed, Hitoshi listens out for the noises in the other room. But Aizawa doesn't move, and Hitoshi slowly falls asleep to the sound of silence.