Ski Jumper

Edited

Y/N's P.O.V

Being a ski jumper has it's perks.

There's a natural beauty to the sport. An ethereal attraction towards the adrenaline akin to nothing you've ever experienced before. All the practise, the fails, the lack of sleep, a lot of milk. Like, a lot. Not to mention the falls, time, money and effort a ski jumper puts into their daily lifestyle can scare a lot of people away.

But there'd be too much I'd miss out on if I was one of those people.

So now I'm on a bus in Germany, making my way to the set of a movie to help train celebrities.

I reiterate, it has it's perks.

The small group of trainers I accompanied were a mix of downhill skiers, ski jumpers and freestyle skiers. All meticulously talented in their field of expertise.

"You nervous?" A question from a dark mop of hair adorning Cooper, a downhill skier I met on the plane.

"I'm not sure, I don't think so?" His look is that of a skeptic and he smirks.

"Sure. Not like you're about to train two mega hot celebrities at a sport you excel at or anything. No biggie."

He's right. It was in fact quite the biggie.

"I don't know. I am, but I guess the nerves haven't set in yet." Partly from the nausea this rickety old bus enables.

"I'd say it's the jet lag." Cooper replies with another laugh.

"Are you nervous, then?"

"Obviously, they're both absolutely gorgeous and I get to spend the next few months with them." He winks, grinning ear to ear.

I hadn't really thought about that part. Who I was training. I knew I was training two guys, who I'd heard were subjectively attractive, but no one had bothered to provide any names.

The only important things I knew was that I would train them in Germany for 3 months, the movie was based off of the British ski jumper Eddie the Eagle and his passion for the olympics, there were two celebrities who needed the training and...

No, that's about it.

Wasn't exactly the most organised job opportunity I'd taken up.

The bus pulls to a stop, jerking like a tranquillised horse as the engine stops.

"Alright everyone, it's cold out there so just calm down and chill out." The coach sports a grin at his own joke and a few chuckles and low profanities are heard around the bus.

I hadn't really been paying much attention to the views outside the bus on the trip here, but once I'm off and directly imbedded into the nature, I can't possibly miss it.

"God damn." I widen my eyes further to scan more of the ataraxic view surrounding us. Mountains upon mountains and so much snow, dark patches of forested area and the ambience is incredible.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" The coach says beside me. I nod, not bothering to look back at him and continuing to gawk.

"Andrew!" We all turn to where the noise had come from. Dexter Fletcher, an older man yells with a happy beam on his face, skipping over to the group.

"Ahhh, Dex. Good to see you." They offer a firm handshake between the two and coach begins introducing the group. While they get to it, I'm still stuck gawking at the new world enveloping me.

"And this is Y/N. Fine young athlete, one of the finest in our group actually." He whispers that last part to Dexter and I must go embarrassingly pink as I pretend not to hear his boast, but rather shake Dexter's hand.