"It's not- I mean..come on, you make fun of your brother all the time."

"Sure I do. But you, you don't. By the way, your friend..Keith, is it?"

"Yeah...?"

"Could you let him know I'd like a word with him?"

"A- A word?"

"Yeah. A word."

"Alright...I'll let him know."

Adonis »

"We should head back to school, if we're gonna be on campus by fourth period." Farrah said checking the time on her phone.

We'd seen many interesting things in the museum. Things both her an I were excited about.

"Alright..I guess."

"Don't worry, Don. Well come back her one night. Possibly as a date?" She smiled.

"That sounds like fun.."

"Sure does. Now let's gooo Adonis. We have to leave."

My mind kept thinking back to a me before Farrah, and how I'd be if she wasn't in my life. I thought of how I would've reacted to what happened in class. I probably wouldn't have even stood up.

Since I was a freshman, an anxiety attack at school would result in my hiding in the bathroom. That, and calling my mom between sobs begging her to pick me up.

Once I got to be sixteen and that was inappropriate, I did my best to avoid potentially stressful situations all together. I didn't speak, didn't look at anyone, and silently hoped no one would speak to or look at me.

As of now, I feel like a new person..for the most part.

-

We got back to school at around 2:00, kids were already flooding out of the building in to the bus lot. We arrived a little later than anticipated, but we still were unnoticed...so that's good.

"Thanks for today.."

"No problem, I had fun- oh shit look." Farrah said, pointing to a gathering group by the busses.

Looking closer, I noticed Eden and Keith arguing.

"Oh no.."

"Don I think they're gonna fight." She said, excited for some reason.

"Oh no oh no oh no.."

The crowd around them became more dense, obstructing me and Farrah's view, but apparently something significant had happened because there was now a bunch of loud yelling, and people taking their phones out.

"Oh my god they're fighting. Come on!" Farrah said, grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the people.

"I don't wanna go over there with all those people.." I said, pulling my hand away. "I'm already embarrassed enough that this is because of me."

"Adonis come on, I thought you were doing better with things like this. Lets just-"

"Farrah, no. Seriously."

"Don okay...relax." She chuckled. Though I don't think it was the kind of chuckle that meant she found something funny.

"I just- some things are still too much." I said, trying not to annoy her.

"Clearly.."

Clearly?

Eden »

While talking to a couple of my friends, I noticed Keith walking past me rather quickly. Skylar must've let him know I was looking for him.

In a confrontation that was more heated than I anticipated, and a few of his friends loudly hyping him up..he swung for my face, making me shove him back.

"Break it up!" The security guard yelled, pulling Keith away from me.

I'd barely gotten to hit him once before security guards rushed over to the commotion caused by the students around us.

With the situation slightly de-escalated, the crowd dispersed, but administration wasn't gonna let me off easy.

"Eden?! What is the matter with you? You used to really be a problem student but I thought you cleaned up your act?!"

With Keith already taken away, there was no reason for me to argue.

"I'm sorry Mr. Smith-"

"You're lucky that fight didn't get far or you'd be suspended. Stop. Being. An idiot."

"I know, I'm sorry."

He sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Go home, Eden."

I made my way to my car, where I saw Adonis waiting. Usually he would be here talking to Farrah waiting for her mom, but today it was just him.

"Hey where's-"

"Why would you do that?! It was taken care of, Eden. You didn't have to go and-"

"I was doing what I had to do. Stop tripping. Where's Farrah?"

"I'm frustrated with Farrah." He sighed.

"Trouble in paradise, huh? It happens." I said unlocking the car doors. "I get frustrated with Adam quite often."

"It's not the same. Me and Farrah are real different. I think that's gonna cause problems for us." He said, getting in the front seat.

"Every relationship has a few bumps in the road. They only become problems if you don't talk about them."

"I'm scared to talk about them."

"Why exactly are you frustrated with her?"

"I think..she's got a lot of confidence in me."

"What's wrong with that?"

"I know I'm gonna disappoint her. Sure, I've..changed a lot. But in some areas I haven't changed at all. I think that annoys her."

"Have you told her that?"

"No..."

"Then there's your problem."

a/n:
second part coming soon