11. CN Tower

CN tower above and walkway^

If you've never been the "walkway" I'm mentioning is the glass floor. I am NOT talking about the edge walk where people are on harnesses and shit lol (idk if non-ontarians were familiar or not..if y'all were im sorry for being condescending 😅)

Adonis

As we got off the train, I noticed that as always, downtown was crowded.

Farrah may have noticed my look of dismay at the crowd, so she grabbed my hand, so that we could stay together.

"Do you eat sushi?"

"Yeah..but I didn't bring much money."

"Didn't need to. I got us covered."

My dad always told me not to let a woman pay for a meal, if you wanted her as a meal . He's always laugh a bit after saying it for some reason. I'm not really sure what the last part meant, but I know I don't want Farrah as a meal. Not in a literal sense.

"I can pay you back-"

"Nooooo." She said, as we walked through people to the sushi place on the corner. I wasn't gonna argue with her.

"You know what's cool about this place..they give free Sumashi soup for newly weds. Let's tell them we're married."

"We look kind of young to be married."

"Please...I could pass for 19. You could go for a good 20. Especially with your facial hair."

I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

We entered the mostly empty restaurant, and Farrah greeted the owner.

"Afternoon, Genzo."

"Good afternoon Farrah. Who's this young man?"

"My husband. Didn't I tell you I was engaged? The wedding was Christmas Eve."

"Oh! I had no idea! Go sit, go sit. I have a soup ready for you both."

Farrah smiled at me as we took a seat at a table in the corner. She's good at having things her way, at school she's not considered one of the "smart kids" but she's smarter than most people I've met.

"Order whatever you'd like Adonis."

I couldn't help but think about what my dad told me.

"Farrah you shouldn't pay for my meal."

"Why...?"

"Because- It's..like a rule or something. My dad used to say that a woman shouldn't pay for a meal..if..."

I was reluctant to say the last part, since I wasn't quite sure what it meant.

"If what..Adonis?"

"If..you want her as a meal. I don't know what that means but-"

I was cut off by her dying of laughter, struggling to catch her breath. I figured I should probably laugh too, to keep me from looking stupid.

"Don I'm not the kind of girl who trips on guys paying for a meal. Plus I'm not planning on being a part of anyone's diet..anytime soon."

I was too embarrassed to tell her I didn't understand, so I just nodded my head.

"I hope you didn't take offense to what I said. I wasn't trying to-"

"I know Don. You're not one of those guys who try and make sexual advances like that."

Sexual?????