28. Her

Adonis »

"So, in order for me to be able to go, you'd have to go with me." I said to Eden, trying to convince him to come to Farrah's family event.

"What's in it for me?"

"Man I don't know.."

"Fine, I'll do it. In the name of love. But you owe me."

It was currently the day of the event, with it only being hours away. Now would be the best time to ask my mom, so she didn't have time to think of reasons to say no.

"Thanks Eden..I-"

"Ehh don't get mushy on me. She's pissed about you having a girlfriend, so I'm gonna tell her that I'm going out and bringing you along, instead of the other way around? Cool?"

"Perfect."

Farrah»

"Are you gonna help set up?" My dad asked, packing some of the food to take to the restaurant.

"Yeah I will..in a minute."

I still hadn't heard back from Adonis, I was beginning to just accept he couldn't come.

"Well, if you're coming take your mom's car." My dad said, opening the front door to leave.

Just when he was leaving, Braheim and a tall, curly haired girl entered.

Oh.

"Oh Farrah..I thought you'd be down there helping."

"I am, just waiting to hear from Don."

"Well I guess since you're here I should probably introduce you two. Farrah, this is my girlfriend..Abigail. Abigail, this is my sister."

"Nice to meet you." I said to the girl.

She instead, pulled me into a hug. "It's so great to finally meet you. Braheim talks about you so much."

"Oh..really?" I said, a little taken aback.

"Yeah..you look kind of familiar. Did we go to the same middle school? I switched schools in grade eight." Abigail asked, smiling.

"Now that I think about it, I believe so...we were in the same grade.." I said, glancing at Braheim.

"Oh, I'm nineteen like Heim. When I was younger I had trouble in school, so they kept me back a couple times. Which is why we were both in grade eight at the same time."

Braheim glared at me.

"Nothing wrong with that. It's nice to meet you, Abigail."

Out of nowhere, I got a message from Adonis.

Don💞:
my mom said I can go!!!🥳🤩😌😌but only if Eden takes me :/

"Let me guess, is that your boo?" Braheim laughed.

"Yeah, he said he can come." I said, not even trying to hide my excitement.

"Cool, I guess he can come here and we'll all ride there together?"

A car full of people wouldn't be ideal for Adonis, but it would be better than him meeting me at the restaurant and having to find me in a room packed with people.

"Yeah, that should work."

Adonis»

Farrah told me to meet her at her house first, so that's what we were going to do.

When Eden was driving us there, I kept noticing him glancing over at my phone.

"Yo Don, why you use so many damn emojis?"