27. Frozen

Farrah»

School went on as normal, with Adonis and I flirting a bit in writing class. Skylar, Dumisani, and Keith asked questions..but we didn't say much.

Once I got home, the second I walked in the door Braheim was sitting at the kitchen table, staring.

"Heim, you coming down to work?" My mom said, grabbing her apron and her keys.

"In a minute." He said, still looking at me.

"Okay...." she said, before leaving back out the front door.

"Farrah."

"What?"

"What the fuck has gotten into you?"

"Excuse me??"

"What in the hell is this?" He said taking a condom out of his pocket.

"Nigga you tell me! I didn't have a condom!"

"Really? Cause it was in your room. The room you were 'studying' in."

"Adonis and I did not have sex, and neither of us had a condom. What were you doing in my room??"

"I needed to use your conditioner— that's not the point. Listen, I just want to know where this came from."

"I. Don't. Know."

"So all you and Adonis did was school work. You swear?"

"Well...that isn't all we did. But we didn't have sex. I mean that." I confessed.

"The thing about that is, I trust that you didn't have sex. But one of y'all were planning to."

"I didn't have that condom though Braheim."

"That means your homeboy did. He was plotting."

"Don isn't like that."

"Aw Farrah. You're so hopeful and optimistic." He said chuckling, putting the condom in his pocket.

"You're keeping it?"

"Until further notice, yes. I don't know if I told you, but I've been talking to someone."

"Uhh okay."

"I was talking to mom before she went and picked you up, her and dad having that big dinner party tomorrow night at the restaurant to celebrate the renovations, imma bring my girl. You should bring your little boo."

"He's not my- well I guess he kind of is but..it's not official, I don't wanna freak him out."

"Than ask him to go as friends. I think I should get to meet the guy courting my little sister."

"I guess I'll ask him, but don't be surprised if he says no. Social situations aren't his thing.."

"Do what you gotta do."

-

Adonis»

This was now the second day Micah was staying at our house, him and my mom were cooking dinner in the kitchen while Noel colored on my floor.

"Hey Don Don guess what?"

"What?"

"It's almost my birthday you know."

"Really?" I said, even though I knew her birthday before she did.

"Yes really! I'm gonna be five!" She smiled.

"Awesome."

"I know right. I'm so so so so excited. I'm gonna have a Princess Jasmine party and Eden said that he will dress up like the genie."