Chapter 17: Do These Drawings Matter That Much? (Yes, yes, they do)

A/N: It's been a hot minute - sorry guys. But I'm back! YAY! (Are y'all still here? I won't blame you if you're not.) I won't get into my reasons for leaving - there are reasons, I will assure you, but you don't need to hear them right now. 

What does matter, is that I'm back (for a little bit at least) and I have an update! Thank you all so much! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PERCY POV

As Dean was talking to Lucas, Percy and Sam decided to talk to Andrea.

"So, has Lucas always liked to draw?" Percy asked.

"No, he did the occasional doodle, like any kid I guess, but it was never like this. Not until -" Andrea cut off suddenly.

"That's ok," Sam replied. "We get it."

The trio descended into an awkward silence after that, the awkwardness just increasing as time went on, until they were eventually saved by Dean's appearance in the kitchen.

Thank gods, I don't know how much more of that I could have handled.

"Thank you for letting me talk to Lucas," Dean said to Andrea.

Percy and Sam muttered their thanks, and the trio left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Another Short Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, what's the deal with this drawing thing?" Percy asked, motioning to Dean to put the paper on the hood of the car. "Like, all we really know is that he draws stuff, and that its related to other stuff."

Sam looked at her, "And that this didn't happen until his father died."

Percy shrugged, "Right, that I forgot."

"Percy, you were right there."

"I forget things very easily."

Sam sighed deeply.

Percy rolled her eyes, "You lived with me, and were in a study group with me - for years! You should know these things by now Sam." She took a breath. "Anyways, that feels important to me, but I couldn't tell you why."

"It's not unheard of for people who have been through traumatic events to start to gain some psychic abilities."

That explains so much about me - well either that or the whole demigod thing huh? Whatever.

"So, what you're saying is that, whatever's out there, Lucas is somehow tapping into it?" Dean took a breath, "I mean, it's only a matter of time before someone else drowns, so if either of you have a better lead, then please let me know."

Percy shrugged. "I don't so I suppose that we've got a house to find, huh?"

Dean nodded, "There's just one problem with that. There has to be like, a thousand yellow two-stories in this county alone."

Sam stepped closer to look at the picture, "See that church?"

Percy nodded, "Yes, but your point is what? This is the US of A, there are like a billion churches."

Sam looked up at her, "Percy."

"Sorry, Sam. You were saying?"

"This church - there are probably less than a thousand churches like that around here."

"Oh," Dean started. "College Boy thinks he's so smart."

Percy laughed a bit.

"Percy, you were in college to!"

"Yeah, and I'm still not quite sure how - I barely passed high school."

"Whatever," Sam rolled his eyes. "Um Dean, you know-"

Percy looked between the two brothers and silently went to sit in the Impala.

SAM POV

Sam Winchester was almost sure that what he was about to say was a mistake. Nonetheless, he wanted to say it- no, needed to say it. "Um Dean, you know, what you said about Mom? Uh, you never told me that before."

Dean shrugged, "It's no big deal."

The two sat and looked at each other, neither being willing to move.

Dean looked at Sam. "Oh God, we're not gonna have to hug or anything - are we?"

Sam laughed. "Nah."

The two of them got into the car and headed towards the motel.

"So, you guys ready to find a house by a church now?" Percy asked as the brothers took their seats in the Impala.

"I'm ready to solve this case," Dean responded.

I'm ready to move on and find Dad and whatever killed Jess. "Yeah, for sure."

"Let's go then." Percy said, smiling at them through the rearview mirror. "Oh! And dibs on talking to people, I hate reading."

Sam snorted and Dean rolled his eyes as he started the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PERCY POV

Persis Jackson hated research with the burning fiery passion of approximately 13 billion suns. Not because she didn't like to learn, she actually adored that - but because the actual process encapsulated a lot of things she really didn't like. Sitting still for long periods of time, attempting to read English, feeling like she was back in high school, (Really, that had been the worst part about college for her. She had hated high school, and anything that made her feel like she was there again made her miserable.) and the nagging feeling that she was missing something - or someone. (Maybe that had actually been the worst of college. Annabeth and her supposed to do that together, but Percy had had to do that on her own.) Of course, she could deal with all of that - she had done it before, she would do it again,

That didn't mean she had to like it though.

She had tried to get out of it, offered to talk to various people around town to find the house, offered to make food, really anything to avoid sitting around reading. Alas, it had been no use. Sam and Dean had relegated her to research duty saying something about "experience" and "you literally collapsed earlier this week" and "last time we sent you out alone you disappeared for hours". So, she was stuck in the motel room, digging around on Sam's laptop and generally being miserable.

This was compounded by the fact that she hadn't found anything. She had made the decision that what she needed to find was the source of these drownings. At this point she was fairly sure that it was a ghost - some incorporeal thing attacking certain people in a targeted manner screamed ghost to her. So, she was trying to find who had died in this town in a manner that could have involved the lake, and coming up short.

She was a hair's breadth away from giving up and calling Nico to just get rid of the ghost for her. But, he had enough to deal with and was finally starting to get better. In general, he didn't need Percy to burst into his life and throw a wrench into everything that he had built.

Percy had to figure this one out on her own, and she knew she could. All she needed was a little bit more time, and a few more clicks of a mouse. Then, she'd have the answers and maybe the researching would actually be worth it.

Apparently, this wasn't the case at all as sometime later Sam and Dean walked in, and Percy was still sprawled out across one of the beds, more unsure than she had been when she started.

"So Percy, did you find anything?" Dean asked, raising an eyebrow at Percy's position.

"Well, I figured it was a ghost a while ago - but I haven't been able to figure out who it is yet."

Sam smiled at her, "Luckily for you, we were. Peter Sweeney."

"We aren't sure how he's connected to everything else yet - other than a picture of him and Bill Carlton in his mother's house."

"So, he probably had something to do with Peter's death then."

"That is the working theory."