LIE ( 거짓말 )

Start from the beginning

He nodded before he took out his phone and texted their friend. " ...Done. You can wait for her in your office, she said she would be there in ten minutes. "

" Thanks. Ah! About Yoongi's file- "

" I will take care of that. Just go to your office and wait for Lisa. "

She nodded her head and turned to leave Jaebum's office before he called out her name.

" Sora, whatever you do, don't overthink too much. You don't need to feel responsible for everything. "

She smiled at him and left his office to go to hers.

When Sora arrived at her own office, she immediately sat on her chair and softly banged her head against the desk. She then wrapped her arms around her head and groaned. Too much was happening that she didn't even know what to think first.

She sat back against her chair and turned to look outside the window.

Her eyes were immediately being pulled up by the sky. Baby blue sky, soft clouds, and a shining sun. Rays of light slowly penetrated through the glass until it gently kissed her skin and warmed her up like an embrace from a mother. Her gaze then followed the spring birds dancing along with the wind as flowers were casually taken into the breeze.

The scene before her looked so peaceful in contrast to her chaotic heart.

Knocks then pulled her out from this quiet scenery as she bore her eyes at the door and answered, " Enter. "

The door quickly opened to reveal, without much surprise, her beautiful friend, Lisa. " Sora... "

She walked toward her and took her in a hug. " Jaebum told me about what happened! "

Sora smiled as she gently pushed her away, " Yeah... "

" Are you okay? No, that was a stupid question... Hum, Jaebum told me you might need this. We pretty much wear the same size and the other things I bought them on the way here. " Lisa handed her a bag with clothes and makeup, and another one was full of sweets.

She chuckled, " Thank you, Lisa. "

She took a chair and sat next to her, " I can't believe that Hoseok is back. And now Yoongi is also in trouble... " She sighed. " Did he tell you anything? On where he was all this time, or why he left? "

Sora shook her head in a no motion, " Nothing. Actually, I didn't really give him the occasion to as Yoongi was the first thing that I had to think about. If he decides to stay around, we might end up by knowing... "

She nodded, " That's true. " She then took out her phone and said, " My shift is starting in five minutes. I'm catching up with you at lunch, okay? "

She nodded, " See you later." Said Sora as Lisa was leaving her office.

She looked at the bag that Lisa gave me, " I have to change... "

The sound of glasses hitting each other, the noise of the coffee machine turning on, and the soft laughter and chattering of the customers. The cashier tapping on the cash register, the loud voice of the waiter asking for the customers' orders, and the soft music playing in the background. All rhythm and all the movements of every creature that entered the coffee shop was creating a symphony.

However, all those sounds that were once considered like music to his ears suddenly became like background noises. All the smiling faces, all the gentle words he was hearing, all the colorfulness that he was seeing, turned dull.

He didn't know why today was a different day, or maybe he did but didn't want to acknowledge it.

His dark eyes swiftly bore into the customers that were enjoying their drinks and asked himself, " If I was human, would I have been able to not worry about waking up one day and finding out that somebody else would have taken my place? "

The wolf snickered at his own stupid question and turned his head away. All he could do was to watch and enjoy the last bit of liberty and happiness that he had left. Before she was to discover his lies, and for that man to find him again.

Everything was a simple question of time.

As the day came to an end, the sunset had reflected across the cotton candy-like clouds, turning them into rays of orange with bands of pink, and the road of a cloudy night took place.

The daylight was long gone, as Yoongi sat for a moment under the starless and moonless sky. As if darkness and isolation was the only thing that was surrounding him, and as the breeze kissed his skin, he knew he was outside.

Though, what the wolf didn't know, was that he wasn't alone. At each step he took on his way to his guillotine, he was being followed by the same man that he thought was his executioner. At every step he took, he wondered what kind of expression the woman Yoongi cared for would show him when he would come back home.

After all, Yoongi was no fool. He knew the moment that Hoseok had saved him, Sora would end up knowing everything.

Furthermore, it wasn't the only thing that was bothering the young male. Last night's accident was pretty clear to him that he had been exposed. It was only a question of time, he believed. As soon as he got adopted by Sora, he knew it would be the end of his runaway, but also the beginning of an unhappy ending.

He was actually surprised that they haven't made their move sooner. They even had a hard time finding him, thought the hybrid while he was walking beside the road as he was recalling Jaebum's warning about those kidnappings occurring around Hongdae. Or maybe were those warnings for him from this person? He questioned.

He shook his head. It was too late to think about it. All he could do was to face his owner's disappointing expression while preparing himself for leaving her and everyone around her.

X