LIE ( 거짓말 )

Start from the beginning

Sora sighed, " How did you think it would go? " She said as she sadly glanced back outside, " After almost six years, the first thing that leaves his lips is to tell me that my hybrid is related to an investigation of missings hybrids. "

Jaebum sighed, " ...When I first saw him yesterday, the first thing he would ask me was about you, you know? He had never forgotten about you. "

At that, she felt her heart wavering, " ... Then why didn't he call me, Jaebum? Why didn't he come to see me sooner? Why... " She snickered, " All this time, I've been making excuses for him! All these years, I knew he was alive somewhere. Yet, I didn't how he was. Why did he leave? Why he didn't tell me anything? I... I don't even know what to do, Jaebum. What should I do? "

She started to feel her eyes stinging, and before she knew it, she broke down in tears.

" Oh, Sora... "

Jaebum took her in a hug and patted her back like she was a child. " Byul, I can't tell you what you should do or not, but I think it would be a better idea if you were to hear Hoseok's side of the story. "

She pushed Jaebum away, " Aren't you just protecting him? "

He shook his head, " Trust me, I am as mad as you, but knowing Hoseok, he wouldn't have left us for nothing. He must have had his reasons for not contacting any of us after all these years. "

She fell silent.

" Byul, look at me. " She looked up and saw Jaebum smiling at her, " Why are you crying? You look ugly when you cry! " He said as he playfully ruffled her hair with his hand like they were younger.

She gently pushed his hands away, " Who are you calling ugly?! And what's up with calling me Byul again? That's when we were kids. " She sulked.

However, Jaebum seemed to enjoy her reaction, " That's right, that's how you should react! " He grinned.

Sora scoffed, but when she saw my friend giggling, she couldn't suppress her smile, but it soon fell.

" Say... " She started.

Jaebum hummed in a questioning manner, " What? "

" What should we say to the others... " She looked at him, " About Hoseok. They have all been looking for him... And now he is suddenly back. Jackson and Joy too... We have to tell them. "

" Don't worry about that. I will take care of that. However, you- " Jaebum looked at her up and down. " You should go wash your face and... wear proper clothing for work. "

Sora stared at her reflection in the window. She forgot that she was only wearing an oversized shirt and shorts, but it wasn't really evident that it was actually her pajama.

She nodded, " Yeah, I will go change my clothes and ask for some makeup from Lisa. "

Jaebum nodded, " Lisa starts her shift in half an hour. Want me to text her to bring you some clothes? Because it doesn't seem like you bought your phone with you. "

Her eyes enlarged as she patted her pockets in search of her phone and cursed when she couldn't find it.

" ... Yeah, please do. "