"Yes Charlie," Saffron nodded.

"You know this is a lot to take in," he says.

"I know," Saffron nodded again.

"Why didn't you tell me this?" he asks.

"It's not exactly something your can tell just anyone," Saffron points out.

"I'm not just anyone," Charlie murmured.

"I know," Saffron's eyes finally found their way to his face. "I just was worried how you would take it and didn't think he mattered all that much."

"Of course it matters! Anything to do with you matters," Charlie sighs.

"I know, just not everyone wants to be near someone whose werewolf is an Uncle," Saffron shrugged.

"Saff, I got to know you before I knew any of your background stories or life and I liked you for you not for any other reason. Nothing you could say now will change my feelings, no matter what you reveal. I may not have reacted in the way you hoped but it did come as a shock to me, I wasn't expecting it."

"It wasn't very nice of me to spring it onto you," Saffron said. "And to immediately expect you to understand it all. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise, it's not really the easiest thing to say."

"You know you handled it better than I expected."

There was silence for a few moments as both sort or processed what was happening.

"Can you explain something to me?" Charlie asked and Saffron straightened, nodding, not liking how he sounded.

"If he is your uncle, why, why would he do what he's done," Charlie said. He didn't say murder your father but both knew that was what he was thinking.

"My Dad used to tell me he was a kind little boy, a good baby, but he had an evil mind but had not been able to grow to think differently. He was created too young and the evil took control of his mind. His sole desire was to infect as many children as he could and my father thought he was trying to create an army. His mind had been soiled by this bite and became who he is today," Saffron retold the story her father had told her many times, warning her to watch out for him.

"I still don't understand why he wanted to kill your father. Did he not like him?"