Curiosity Killed The Cat But Satisfaction Brought It Back

Charlie woke with a start. It wasn't quite dark yet.

He looed up and saw Saffron, her tearstained face was staring out into the evening. How long had he been out? He could feel Saffron's hand move gently over his forehead and felt comforted, but a stinging in his leg was keeping him from feeling completely calm. It all came flooding back to him and he frowned.

"Charlie," Saffron whispered. Charlie met her glossy red eyes and instantly his heart fell.

"Saffron," he whispered back.

"Charlie, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have wandered off. I should have stayed right beside you. You wouldn't have gotten caught and we could have left, Charlie I am so sorry," Saffron said and her eyes filled again. Charlie reached up and wiped a tear that fell slowly down her face. Saffron reached up to touch his hand.

"It's not your fault. It's not your fault at all. It's mine. I decided we had to leave. If we had stayed this wouldn't have happened. You wouldn't have gotten hurt," Charlie frowned.

"Charlie, I was only hit with curses. You were hit worse, not too mention your leg," Saffron looked down to his leg and Charlie struggled to sit up.

"You fixed it though," he smiled once he had sat up to inspect it.

"It will scar, I'm sorry about that," Saffron said.

"No, thank you," Charlie smiled.

"I still feel terrible you were hurt," Saffron said.

"I feel terrible you were," Charlie replied.

"I wasn't really hurt," Saffron said.

"but you were. Saffron I don't mean that you were physically hurt, but what Bellatrix said, about your scar, she-"

"She was right," Saffron interrupted.

"She was wrong, wrong to say that, wrong to make an incorrect judgement."

"You're only saying that," Saffron said.

"Why, why would I  just say that without meaning it. Saffron you aren't ugly. You are beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous, the most gorgeous girl I have seen in my entire life, and I mean that," Charlie said looking into Saffron's eyes. He didn't blush, his face didn't show any sign of untruth or embarrassment. He meant it how he said it and if he could make her feel special he would.

"Charlie," Saffron sniffed looking down. "How can you say that. I mean look at me."

"I am looking at you and I'm thinking every word I just said," he replied.

"Charlie-"

"No Saffron. Please don't make any excuses. You are beautiful and I care about you more than I can put into words."

Saffron was speechless, she didn't know what to say. No one had ever spoken words so strong to her before and she didn't know how to take it. Charlie made her feels special, and beautiful and wanted and she was so happy to be with him.

"I care about you too Charlie," Saffron replied.

Charlie's heart beat faster than fast in his chest. He had been dying to hear that from Saffron but never thought she would ever say it back.