Stuck

Tegan woke up knowing she was definitely sick. She could barely open her eyes. "Guys... I don't think I can go to rehearsals today." She managed to croak out. "That's fine, Annie's not going either and OHHHH." Hayley said. "What is it with people being so weird about Annie and Tegan?" Sierra asked. Hayley took Sierra out of the room. "I'll tell the director that your sick." Kenzie assured Tegan. "And I'll make sure they bring you two food." Gracie added. "Thanks." Tegan replied. "I'll also tell them to bring you some cold medicine, and maybe something more for Annie since she's even worse than yesterday." Continued Gracie. "Oh no, what happened?" Tegan asked. "She threw up last night, and she can barley even blow her nose." Jayden interjected. "Ugh. That sucks." Tegan answered. "Yeah... it does..." Jayden trailed off, a little surprised that Tegan seemed to genuinely care about how Annie was doing. "Come on, guys. Breakfast is-" Olivia started coughing. "Is in, 3 minutes." "Now don't you go getting sick too." Gracie said as she came up behind her. Olivia gave a weak smile and went to put her sweater on.
Tegan pulled her covers back over herself and dropped back onto her mattress.

At breakfast, the other girls noticed that some of the boys were missing too. Justin was sitting with Danielle, Darius with Devenity, Matt was talking to Gracie, but Johnny was being really quiet. "John, how come you're so quiet?" Kenzie asked. He shrugged. "I don't know, I guess I mostly talk to Hayden, so." At that Jayden perked up. "Oh yeah! Where is Hayden?" She asked. "He's sick." Johnny said as he grabbed a cup and poured some orange juice into it. Jayden's eyes widened, and she leaned over and whispered something to Ruby. "Um... Johnny. Is there any chance that Asher's just... I don't know, taking a long time in the bathroom or something?" She asked. Johnny shook his head. "No. He's back at the cabin too. Sleeping I assume." He explained. "Why?" He asked. Ruby gulped. "If Hayden And Asher aren't here, then that means that both Annie and Tegan and Hayden and Asher are sick, and alone in their cabins together. All day." Jayden told them. Johnny shrugged. "So?" Kenzie leaned over. "I couldn't help but overhearing. John, isn't that a little concerning?" She questioned. He had a confused look on his face. Jayden huffed and rolled her eyes. "Hayden and Annie used to be the famous Hannie. But now that they're broken up, Annie is dating Asher, and Hayden is dating Tegan. And they just so happen to be stuck, alone in a cabin with each other's new boyfriend/girlfriend." Johnny seemed to come a realization, and mouthed and "o".
But after that he shrugged and waved his hand. "It's fiiiiiinnnnne. Hayden told me that him and Annie made up." He told them. "What!?" Kenzie and Hayley both shouted at the same time. "Did you know about this?" Hayley asked Jayden. Jayden gave her a sheepish look. "I had... some idea?" Jayden said, realizing that it ended up sounding more like a question. Hayley got up from her chair and walked over to Jayden with her hands on her hips. "You knew that my sister and her ex-boyfriend, the one she spent almost a year crying, complaining and finally getting over... MADE UP!?" Jayden shrugged. "All they did was sort-of maybe agree to "not be complete enemies" (she put up air quotes as she said this) so that it wouldn't be awkward all summer at camp." Hayley threw her hands up in the air with an angry look on her face. "Well it's gonna be awkward now." Ruby said. "And you! You!" Hayley started as she spun around and shook her finger at Ruby. "I trusted you, Ruby! And then Annie Leblanc and Hayden Summerall agree to MAKE UP and you don't even check to make sure that I know about it!?" "Okay, okay. That's enough of that." Piper said as she cane up behind Hayley to take her back to her seat. "Ya, don't you think that you're overreacting a little bit?" Sophie chimed in from her seat. Hayley laughed Piper away and scoffed. "She's my sister. You wouldn't understand. She tells me everything and Hayden was..." she trailed off. "A really big part of her life." Lauren spoke up, not taking her eyes off her soup. Johnny glanced over at her and met eyes. "Y-Yeah. I guess he was." Hayley agreed. "And I just, I guess I just want to know everything that's going on in her life, you know?" "I get it." Olivia said. "When Madison filmed that video with her boyfriend, I was really mad that she didn't tell me about him before, but I guess she was just really busy with college and stuff." "Well, believe me, I am so thankful that Lauren doesn't tell me stuff like that because I don't want to know about her crushes on my best friends." Johnny said. Lauren's face turned bright red, and she was thankful Hayden wasn't there to see it. Everyone laughed.

Back at the boys' cabin, Hayden and Asher were making progress by avoiding the topic of dating. "So, you were in Shazam, that's pretty cool, right? Superhero stuff, DC's a big company, lots of famous actors. I personally like Marvel better though, you know like Spider-Man and Captain America." Hayden stopped himself after he realized he was rambling. Asher nodded. "Ya, it was fun. So what about you? You're an actor. What cool new projects have you been working on?" He asked. Jayden tried to think. "Well, I, uh... I haven't really been in anything since, you know...Chicken Girls." He finally spat out. Asher nodded slowly. "But your music!" He exclaimed, happy to have something to change the subject with. "Oh ya, ya. Well, I came out with my single "Different" back in March... Johnny wrote it, actually. The music video was fun to shoot. John and Rush guest-started on it. But, uh, it was mostly with Tegan and some of her friends." Asher nodded again. This was going to be a long day.

Over at the girls' cabin, things were going pretty smoothly, although, that was because Annie was still sleeping. When she woke up though, that was a different story. Daniella had dropped off a bin with 2 of each; Mr. Noodles: Chicken flavour, a small pack of 4 crackers for the soup part of the noodles, an apple, a grape juice box, and chocolate chip muffin and a pack of 2 fruit cream cookies. Annie woke up to the smell of Tegan's Mr. Noodles coming out of the microwave. "Food?" She asked weakly and Tegan walked back to her bed carefully holding the paper bowl while wrapped in her blanket. Tegan nodded and explained about the food they had brought. "We got loot!" Annie exclaimed as she climbed out and walked over to the counter where the food was still inside the bin. She eagerly grabbed the muffin and juice box and then walked back and sat back down on her bed. "Feeling any better?" She asked Tegan as she looked across and up at Tegan sitting on her top bunk wrapped in her pink blanket carefully bringing the hot noodles to her mouth with a plastic fork. Tegan made a "So-so" sign as she swallowed. "How about you? Jayden told me you threw-up." "Yeah, it wasn't fun, although it never is, I guess?" She laughed a bit at her words. "So they put your song in the play." She stated. "Just in the background. Kenzie and Gracie are singing yours." Tegan replied. Annie became a little flustered. "Oh don't act like they aren't amazing." Tegan said. "Huh?" Annie questioned. "I love your songs. Ordinary Girl is a bop and Over Getting Over You is so fun and powerful." She complimented. Annie stayed quiet. "You know I wrote that about Hayden... right?" Tegan didn't meet her eyes, but nodded. "Two Sides is as well right?" Annie nodded. "But I wrote it before Over Getting Over You, I was confused, so I wrote Two Sides, then I was definitely over him, so I wrote Over Getting You. But they said that it would get too much negative attention if I made a music video, so they just released it after we recorded it." She explained.
After that, the girls seemed to get along well, and talked about music and shows they both watched. Annie was happy to be seeming to get along with Tegan.