What Time Is It?

"Okay, 5, 6, 7, 8!" The director counted before everyone danced out the opening number's dance sequence for what felt like the millionth time that day. "Isn't this so cool!?" Ruby excitedly asked Annie. "Yeah, But it sure isn't cool out here after we've been rehearsing for the last 3 hours." She complained. "I agree, but we're still preforming the iconic "What Time Is It?" From High School Musical 2!" Jayden exclaimed. "Aren't you guys like way too young to even have seen those movies? I mean weren't you like 2 when the first one came out?" Daniella asked from the side of the stage where her and Madison were sitting in the shade. "So? We've seen a lot of movies that were made way before we were born." Jayden told her. Daniella shrugged. "I guess." "Okay, Everyone back to the beginning!" The director told them, and they walked back to the main group of Kenzie, Johnny, Gracie and Matt in the front. "So remember, this was your last day of high school. You're off to London after this, or so you think" she reminded them. "Cue the music." She shouted to Madison and Daniella. The music started. And Johnny and Kenzie lip-synced to the song as they were in the spotlight, Gracie and Matt came forward and joined in as they all lead the rest of the group in the choreography. "Bravo!" The director called as the song ended. "Can I get our lovely helpers to come up and give their opinions?" She asked. "Madison, Daniella?" She called again after they didn't even look up from their phones. "Yes?" Daniella asked sweetly. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to take away those cellphones of yours if they're causing too much of a distraction." She told them. "We're so sorry-" Daniella started. "Okay. I think we deserve that." Madison jutted in. "What?" Daniella asked as she looked at her. "You're right, we should have been focusing on the dance." Madison continued. The director raised an eyebrow, and Daniella didn't look up. "Consider this a warning." She said. "Thank you so much." Madison told her. Daniella just gave Madison a weird look and then shook her head. "I guess we'll have to do it once more." The director told them. They were groans. "Twice more then?" She asked. Everyone grew silent. "That's what I thought."

After the rehearsal for the day was over at 4, the kids decided to look over their scripts to see whose songs they had to be signing. They were sitting in a clump in the middle of the field. "Hey guys, Gracie and I get to sing "What If"!" Matt exclaimed. "You mean like Kenzie and I's song?" Johnny asked. "Yeah!" Said Matt. "Nice, Man. I'll coach you." Johnny teased as he clapped Matt on the back. Maddie gave Gracie a look and Gracie looked down. "Sooooo. You get to sing a song with Matt..." Olivia told Gracie. "Shh." She whispered back. "Any of my songs in there?" Danielle asked. "Of course not!" Hayley exclaimed. "Hayley" Annie cautioned. "Doesn't look like it, but I think they're going to be playing a bunch more on the background." Jenna reassured her. "No way!" Johnny shouted. "What is it?" Kenzie asked. "Hayden!" He yelled. "Hayden turned around to face him. "What?" He questioned. A grin spread across Johnny's face. "I get to sing "Smiles For You"!" Hayden laughed. "Do you really?" He asked. Johnny laughed and nodded while he showed him the script. "Now I'll coach you." Hayden teased. "Annie!" Kenzie called. Annie looked up from her script. "I'm singing "Little Things"!" She explained. "That's Awesome!" Annie exclaimed. "Looks like I'm singing the end of "Little Things" with you." Gracie added. "Cool." said Kenzie. "Oof." Asher said."What is it?" Darius asked as he leaned over to see what Asher was looking at. "I'm singing "Calafornia Dreaming"." Matt's head perked up and he moved closer towards Asher. "What's wrong with that?" asked Matt defensively. Asher shook his head. "No, I like the song, except..." he trailed off. "Except?" Gracie asked, making it a little too obvious how much she cared. "They changed it to "Texas Dreaming" and I guess they'll have to change a bunch of the lyrics too." Asher finally explained. Matt cringed. "I guess it's cuz your character is from Texas, and in Texas." He suggested. "Ya, I get why, but why?" Asher questioned. Matt shrugged. "I think you'll do great no matter what." Annie assured him, and Asher blushed. "Hey look!" Tegan exclaimed. "What is it?" Hayden asked her as he ran over and sat down next to her. he noticed Annie scoot the opposite direction and look away. "Okay no one's singing it, but they're playing "I Don't Know What Is" in the background!" Tegan told him excitedly. He smiled and hugged her. "That's great!" Jayden gave Annie a sympathetic look. "I'm sure when we take a closer look there's going to be tons of your songs." She assured her. Tegan looked over at Annie. "Oh, duh. Your songs are amazing!" She told her. "Th-Thanks." said Annie, a little caught off guard. "I actually think yours are pretty cool. Most of here just do pop or a bit of rap, but, I think you're the only one here who sings country, that's really cool." Annie told her. Johnny and Hayden shared a look. "What?" Kenzie asked. Johnny shook his head. "Nothing.", but he gave her a "tell you later" look. "Do you guys wanna go swimming before it gets too cold?" Lauren asked. "Sure, but. It won't get cold until like... well, actually it won't." Darius told her. "Oh ya, right. L.A. in the summer." Lauren remembered, feeling a little homesick. It wasn't like she wasn't used to travelling lots, but being in a different country without her family, (besides Johnny of course) was a little much. At least she had her friends, although sometimes it felt like they were preoccupied with their boyfriends. "Hey Jenna, how are you enjoying the camp so far?" She asked, approaching her. Jenna sighed. "I love singing and acting and dancing, but I kind of miss my parents a lot." She explained. "Me too! Although my parents are all the way back in Ontario." she told her. "Oh, that's a long way from here, right?" she asked. Lauren nodded. "I'm sorry." Lauren shook her head. "It's fine, besides, they wanted to go on vacation alone and if I stayed home, I would have had nothing to do." They stayed silent for a few moments. "So, do you want to go to the pool? It looks like everyone else is heading over there." Jenna suggested. "Good Idea." Lauren agreed, and they began to make their way over to the pool.

"Are we even going to change into our bathing suits?" Piper asked. "It's so hot, we'll dry in half an hour." Hayley told her. "I'm not getting my clothes wet!" Danielle exclaimed. "Your loss." Asher shouted back. She huffed and crossed her arms. All of the boys gathered in a huddle. "What are they doing?" Annie asked. Kenzie shurgged. "Hopefully nothing bad..." Nadia trailed off as they all came running at them. They each picked up one of the girls. Johnny picked up Kenzie, Hayden grabbed Tegan, Asher lifted up Annie and began to run, Darius went to Devenity, Matt grabbed Gracie, and Justin tried to pull in Sierra and Olivia at the same time. Once all the girls had been thrown into the pool, the boys jumped in after them. When they all resurfaced, Hayley, Piper, Sophie, Dainelle, Ruby, Jayden, Nadia, Lauren, Jenna and Maddie all sighed in relief. "Oh, I don't think so!" Kenzie shouted as she scrambled to get out and try to push her sister in. Everyone who was in the pool ran out to drag the remaining girls into the pool. When the last person, who happened to be Danielle, was finally pushed in, she came up spitting water with an angry look on her face. "You just wrecked my clothes!" she yelled at Johnny, who pushed her in. "Calm down, you know your clothes get wet every time you wash them." he reminded her. She wasn't happy with that answer. She swam over to the ladder and stormed off back to the cabins. "Maybe she'll get better throughout the summer." Lauren suggested. "Right..." said Kenzie sarcastically. "Whatever, don't let her ruin our fun." She told them. Now that they were all in the pool, they swam around and splashed at each other. About an hour later, they realized dinner would be in 15 minutes, so they got out and walked over to the gazebo. "Hopefully Dainelle knows it's dinner." Jenna told Lauren. "Don't worry about her, it's her fault anyways if she doesn't." Kenzie chimed in. "Really, we should be worrying about if they care about us all being soaking wet in the dining hall." She reminded them. Lauren put her hand over her mouth, "Oops."