The Plague

"Okay! Today we're going to have Asher go off with our vocal coach and practice "Everything"." The director announced. Johnny and Asher high-fived. "You'll do great." Johnny told him as Asher walked to meet the vocal coach. "EVERYTHING" Lauren mock-sang in a shouting voice. Johnny gave her a look. "Now, I would like to have Rowan, Landon, Peyton and Grant to rehearse the scene where they first arrive in Texas, when they find out that their flight has been cancelled, and that they'll have to stay there." The director told them. Johnny, Matt, Kenzie and Gracie got on the stage. Johnny walked on the stage from the other side. "Guys! The flight got canceled!" He exclaimed. "What!?" The other three shouted. "How are we supposed to get home?" Gracie, as Peyton asked. "They've scheduled us for another flight, they're going to refund us, but then we have to pay at the counter." Johnny, as Landon explained. "My parents payed for this though, so the money is going to be refunded to their account!" Kenzie said as Rowan. "And I have all my money for trips in a different one, so it won't go to the account that I need to get money for the flight out of." Gracie said as Peyton. "Can't you just take money out of that account?" Matt asked as Grant. Gracie shook her head in character. "It's locked away. I have basically nothing in my other account." "She's right. We spent all our money on this trip. We've been saving up since the beginning of junior year." Johnny said as Landon. "Come one guys, let's go see if we can find a cheap motel to crash at, and maybe our parents can send us money or book us a flight or something." Kenzie suggested, in character. "My parents are away on a cruise for 2 months." Matt said as Grant. "Mine would make me pay them back right away, and I don't even have a job anymore." Grace, as Peyton said. "I was just on the phone with my mom, she said now that I'm out of high school, I need to figure this out on my own." Johnny, as Landon told them. Kenzie threw her hands up. "Well one ticket's not going to get us out of here!" She exclaimed. "I know! We can go to a casino and win money!" Matt, as Grant came up with. "Are we even old enough to do that?" Gracie asked as Peyton. "Sure! And if we're not, we can always pretend we are." He suggested. "I don't think that's a good idea. Besides, we barely have enough money for a motel, what if we end up losing it?" Johnny asked as Landon. They later agreed to think about it and figure out the smartest way to go about it, but first to find a motel and get some food.
Johnny, Kenzie, Gracie and Matt walked off the stage as everyone was clapping. "That was great. I can see you're really memorizing your lines in your free time." The director observed. "Only because Kenzie's forcing me to." Johnny laughed. "Keep him in line, sis!" Maddie shouted from the audience. Everyone laughed.

That day at lunch, Annie was not looking so great. "You okay? You're really quiet." Kenzie asked from across the table at lunch. Annie sniffled. "Uh oh. Are you getting sick?" Jayden jutted in. Annie coughed. "I think so." She answered. "The plague has hit." Hayley said from a different table which she sat at with Sophie, Piper, Olivia and Sierra. "Huh?" Johnny questioned. "If one of us gets sick, we all get sick." Hayley explained. "Looks like we already are." Johnny stated as he motioned to Asher asleep on the table. "You good, bro?" Hayden asked. Asher sat up. "What?" He asked sleepily. "Are you feeling sick?" Matt interrogated. Asher nodded. "Oh, great." said Matt. "And can we guess how that happened?" Jayden said sarcastically. "Don't you guys know not to kiss when you're sick?" Kenzie teased. They both rolled their eyes. "Do you think you can make it though practice?" Lauren asked Annie. Annie shrugged. "As long as I don't have to sing." She said with a raspy voice.

That night, after campfire, as the girls were getting ready for bed, Tegan noticed something a little off. She was coughing, and she could feel tears coming out of her eyes when she lay down on her pillow, though she wasn't crying. "You okay, Tegan?" Jayden asked. Tegan nodded as she coughed. "I think I might be getting sick." Jayden looked over at Annie to give her a warning look, but she was already asleep. "I guess it's spreading." Jayden added. "You haven't been kissing Annie's boyfriend, have you?" Sierra asked as she entered the room, not putting 2 and 2 together that Hayden used to date Annie, and that Tegan and Hayden were now together. Jayden sat upright and motioned a "cut it out" sign to Sierra. "What? It was just a joke." She replied as she knelt down to get her toothbrush. Jayden shook her head and waved her hand. Tegan had a confused look on her face. Jayden turned back and smiled once Sierra had gone back to the bathroom to brush her teeth. "Sorry about that." Jayden told Tegan. She didn't look up.