708 years old! That's crazy! I'm a fetus compared to him. "It's nice to meet you, Flores," I said holding out a hand to shake. He reached his hand out to shake mine.

    "Wow, what a polite girl!" He was about to touch my hand, but a growl erupted beside me.

    We both looked up to my mate who was glaring at Flores. He quickly withdrew his hand. "How long ago did you meet your blessing of a mate, Sheila." He wrings his hands together, nervously.

    "Yesterday, why?" I tilted my head to the side.

    He let out a nervous laugh, taking three large steps back. "Oh, yesterday... Wow... So soon." Another nervous laugh. "My life is in danger," he mumbled under his breath.

    "Zaivinth, you know better than going out so shortly after finding your mate." He said softly, like he was trying to scold Vince, but didn't want to anger him.

"She wanted to travel, so we travel," Vince said as if it was nothing new.

"What do you young kids call this? Whipped?" Vince let out another growl, a waterfall of smoke came from him, into poor Flores old bald face.

Flores wore a black cloak and a black hat. The color brought out his bright blue eyes that seemed to read into everyone's soul.

"So!" I clapped my hands together picking up on the queue to change the subject. "What magic do you specialize in?" I said a soft smile on my face. I gripped my backpack straps.

He chuckled, "I dedicated my life to protect wildlife, plants, animals," he paused and displayed a hand, gesturing to us. "Weather, if it moves on its own, I protect it."

"Isn't that everything?" I asked, a brow raised.

"God no!" He said shocked, his voice raised a bit at me. This earned a growl from Vince. A hand-sprayed out. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice." It was like he was trying to calm an angry animal, I let out a chuckle.

"Some wizard specializes in black magic, shadows, death, you think it's evil, they probably know it. Others like studying a body, mind, heart, blood. You understand?" I nodded my head yeah I did understand.

"Are you going to the meeting?" Vince cut in. We snapped our heads over to my mate.

"I will be on your side, I trust your judgment." He said to Vince with a stern nod.

"I will communicate what happens at the meeting unbiased so that you can choose the right side to be on."

"Do you guys want to stay for lunch?" Flores said with a bright smile.

I looked into the eyes of my mate, though I didn't get the chance. He looked away from me, I saw his feet being fidgety. No, he did not want to stay for lunch.

"No, we have to get on the road or we won't make it on time." I lied through my teeth, covering for my mate.

"Alright. I do hope you guys stop by again soon. I do love talking to you Zaivinth, and now you Sheila, if you ever need my help, please don't be afraid to summon me."

"Thank you, the same to you, I will be happy to aid you, a friend of my mate is a friend of mine."

There were more words spoken, though we were about to leave, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

My mate was already a few steps ahead, though I knew he knew that I was stopped by Flores. "Here," he placed a delicate pink shell into my hands. "If you ever need my advice, and I'm very good at advice, following it, another story, anyways, call me if you guys fight, or if you are in desperate danger, please call me. I know I can only trust you because you will come to know how stubborn dragons can be." We both glanced at Vince who still had his back turned. We giggled a bit together.

"Thank you, I wish there was something I can give you—" I was cut off in an instant.

"Your word that you will protect Zaivinth, he is like a son to me." There was a look of a father that loved his son.

"You have my word." We took each other hand, both his hands enveloping mine, looking into his eyes. I hope I didn't break his mind. That would be a bit awkward at this moment.

"I trust you. I'm glad he got you as a mate." He let go of my hands. "Now before your lovely mate bites my head off."

We laughed and I ran to catch up with my mate, I waved the entire time. I got onto his back and we took off. I looked down to the ground to see Flores, his beard in one hand, waving with the other.

It was nice to have friends.

Done. I think I deserved a two-day break ahaha. My friends have been on my ass. They are probs the only people that read this.

ms-XMQiKD

ms-XMQiKD.gif How do you like Flores? (I love him)

How is the elven kingdom going to treat Sheila? :O

What side are they going to be on?

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEEEASE