"This 'ethl tits has muscles like a Klingon dwarf. I don't remember her like that from the video recordings I have seen."

"Apparently, Mr. President, she has gone from 61kg in her last fight to 75kg now. That is not possible without doping."

"Shite, if only Kretorg would be ready for a doping test, then we could have let WADA disqualify her."

"It's too late now anyways. We have to rely on Kretorg's skill."

"I'm not ready to rely on that alone. I like reinsurances."

On the Center Field

Scrutinizing my opponent I realized, that he too had a carbon fiber stick. Was that coincidence or was there a mole in my team? Well, in reality, it made sense for Kretorg to have a carbon fiber stick. Money was not an issue for him and so he bought the best money could buy. In the first round, attack was on me. I did not know, how good Kretorg was with the long stick and I wanted to save my energy, so I attacked with only 60% of my power and capability. Kretorg blocked and immediately launched a counter attack. There I saw, that his stick was a hollow pipe and the pipe bent and vibrated. It was not too bad, just a mild vibration, still I preferred mine not having that issue. Maybe the carbon fiber stick had gotten recommended to him by his trainer. Still it was a bit odd, that he too had a carbon fiber stick and not the common wooden sticks. The guy had gotten trained well in those 8 weeks. With each of his counter attacks, I got out of the way and his counter attack went into thin air. That really worked in my favor. The first round was lame in my opinion, but there were still 11 more to go and it wouldn't have served me well to invest a lot of energy into it. Attacks in the next round were with Kretorg and he put quite some power into them, but probably not all he could muster. I guessed, he was saving his energy as well. In the third round, the audience was partly hooting. They found it lame, too. So far neither Kretorg nor I did hit the other one. Therefore, I decided to increase the speed, but continue with roughly 60-70% of my strength. With the increased speed, I hit Kretorg once. It was not a hard hit, but it made him seethe. From that point onward, he increased his speed and used all of his power. In round four, he received a couple of hits from me and I received two from him. Both in the same spot, my right upper leg. My Klingon opponent was brutally strong and his two blows did hit well. I had to be more careful, if I wanted to last until round 12. In the fifth round, I tried to keep the speed at a pretty fast pace, but kept the amount of power at about 70-80%. Kretorg could not quite move as fast as I could. On top, my moves were streamlined. One move led to the next one and so forth. As such, I burnt less energy. My advantage in speed was not much, but it helped me to hit him three more times. Currently, I was just trying to accumulate points. Kretorg was still going for my right thigh but he always missed. Surprisingly, Kretorg did not attack as brutally in the sixth round. First I was a bit puzzled by the change of strategy, but then I realized that he was trying to hit my hands. The plates in my gloves did their job pretty well and thus the blows were not harmful. I could use that to my advantage though. If Kretorg focused on my hands, he would give my other body parts some peacetime. He continued hitting my hands in round seven as well. This strategy made it easier for me to hit him. However, the parts I did hit, brought more points and with the beginning of round 8 he had fallen behind. In round 8 then, he unfolded the second part of his strategy, he tried to unarm me. Bad for him, I knew all the tricks to unarm someone and he did not succeed. Despite his unsuccessful trials in round 8, he still continued trying to disarm me in round 9.

On the VIP tribune

Editorial note: The following paragraph is information, Laila did not know at the time, but was gathered much later in a trial and is provided for the reader's better understanding of events to come.

"Mr. President, it does not look too good for Kretorg. He wanted to disarm 'ethl tits, but he did not manage so far and it does not look like it will happen."

"I know, it actually looks pretty bad right now. We have to give him more time."

"Mr. President, How can we give him more time?"

"You will go into the Operations Room. There you will give the technician this envelope and in return, he will slow the clock down."

"I did not know that the clock can be slowed down?"

"Well, there are still a number of things you need to learn."

On the Center Field

Disarming me in round 9 had been as unsuccessful as it had been in the previous round and by the end of round 9 I was clearly leading in points.

In the break between round 9 and 10, I felt like I could use some energy and I took a long pull from Achot's energy booster. I still did not like the taste of it and reverted back to water to fully satisfy my thirst.

As mentioned, Kretorg had considerably fallen back with points and he was going to lose. Kretorg was going to lose, unless he'd use a dirty trick. With his first attack in round 10 he hit my hand again, but then I had a fist full of sand in my face. Thanks to the acrylic glass Mirih had made me put into my helmet, the sand did not get into my eyes, but it still distracted me for a split second. In said split second, Kretorg did hit my right upper thigh again. He had managed to hit it pretty badly. He was able to put all his 115kg Klingon power into the blow. Now he increased speed and power to all he could muster while my right leg gave me trouble. During his next three attacks I had the hardest time keeping up with his speed, at the same time getting out of the way of his strikes. He knew, he had me. One more hard hit to my right upper thigh and I would be at his mercy. Mirih had already injected a cocktail of adrenalin, monoaminooxidase, ophirohin, endorphin and anticoagulantin in my blood. It did help, but did not help fast enough against an opponent like Kretorg. In the last minute of this round, he hit me two more times at my right upper leg, but luckily only very mildly. I had to come up with something and I had to come up with it quickly. Mirih was searching her genetic memory for suitable ways to deal with the situation, but none of them was a real good one for the current situation. I was indeed happy for the break between 10 and 11 now.

On the VIP tribune

Editorial note: The following paragraph is information, Laila did not know at the time, but was gathered much later in a trial and is provided for the reader's better understanding of events to come.

"As you requested, the technician had slowed the clock down, Mr. President."

"Thank you."