Chapter 9: Bella or Clary?

Start from the beginning

A smirk crosses his features and my eyes widen as I realize what I just said. "No, no, not like that, I meant––"

"It's okay, Cassie, I know you want me to sleep with you."

"That's not what I meant, jackass."

His eye twinkle with amusment and I roll mine before moving to my bed and crawling underneath the covers.

I burrow down into my pillow and I groan when I feel all of my muscles relax at the same time.

I slowly start to drift off to sleep but snap back to reality when I feel the bed dip beside me.

I turn my head to find Aaron laying next to me. "What are you doing?" I ask sleepily.

"Taking a nap."

I nod my head and close my eyes, turning on my side to face away from Aaron.

---------

I come out of my state of sleep because of a slight gasp, but I don't move.

I'm super comfortable, which is weird because I'm never this comfortable in my bed.

Like, yeah, it's comfortable, but not this comfortable.

I'm on my side and my back has this slab of warmth pressed against it, which feels so good, and air is softly blowing down my neck, sending shiver after shiver down my spine.

I sigh and snuggle backwards, hoping to fall back asleep, and a weight settles on my hip and drapes on to my stomach.

And then a whisper sounds.

"Cass!"

My eyes shoot open and I lift my head to look around, confused, before I spot Gracie and Gabs in the doorway.

"Guys?" I whisper.

"Cass, what are you doing?" Gabs whispers.

"What about what you told us?" Gracie says, looking confused.

"Why are we whispering?" I ask, shooting them a funny look.

"Because of the guy asleep in your bed."

The guy in my bed?

Movement comes from beside me and I freeze.

I look beside me to see Aaron sleeping, his arm around my waist, his eyebrows furrowed, his torso bare, his––

Wait, what?

He doesn't have a shirt on. I'm pressed against his six-pack. It's really hard. Like, rock hard.

"Cass!" Another harsh whisper.

My eyes snap to Gracie and Gabs standing just inside my bedroom doorway.

"Nothing happened, guys, I swear."

"It doesn't look that way," Gabs says.

"Get it, girl," Gracie adds before she erupts into giggles.

Aaron stirs and we all freeze.

The three of us girls relax once he starts to snore softly.

Damn, even his snores are cute.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"It's the first school day where there's no school. Theme park, remember?"

I groan softly. "Why do we have to have so many traditions?"

They both shrug at me.

"Okay," I whisper. "Just give me, like, half an hour and I'll be at Gracie's house, okay?"

They both nod, but don't move.

"That means, go and I'll meet you there."

Looks of understanding cross their faces and they leave, closing the door behind them.

They should give my parents a lesson on closing the door after they leave my room.

I turn to my other side and prop myself up on an elbow, Aaron's hand still around my waist, and gently shake him. "Aaron," I say softly. "Wake up, I have to go somewhere."

He groans and tugs me down to his side.

Still hard as a rock.

"Go back to sleep, Cassie."

"No, you have to wake up, I'm going somewhere."

"No, you're not."

I roll my eyes. "Yes, I am."

"Shh," he says, slowly rocking me. "It's sleep time."

How old am I, five?

I huff and roll out of his grip, standing up at the side of my bed.

He opens his eyes and looks at me, his mouth opening in a tired yawn.

He looks like a yawning puppy.

"What time is it?"

"I don't know, like four thirty."

"I thought you said three hours," he says through another yawn.

"Yeah, well, plans change."

He sits up and rolls out of my bed, the covers falling away to reveal his shirtless body and his shorts hanging low on his hips.

How much money do you think he could make as a male prostitute?

I internally cringe. I can't even with myself sometimes.

But I can't stop my eyes from traveling over his six-pack and his v-line and his chest and his collerbone and his––

"Done checking me out yet?"

My eyes snap to his, unfortunately, attractive face, and I glare.

"I wasn't checking you out."

He snorts, so obviously not believing me.

I open my closet and take out a pair of shorts and a tank top.

"Ooh," Aaron says, wiggling his eyebrows. "Are you gonna give me a show?" He rubs his hands together in front of him excitedly.

"No, dumbass," I say rolling my eyes. "I'm gonna go change in the bathroom."

I walk into my bathroom and shut the door.

I stand in front of the mirror for a few seconds before I turn back around and open the door.

"And make sure you put a fucking shirt on."

I close the door again and smile as I hear his laughter sound.

I lean against it and sigh.

I'm already begining to actually enjoy his company, and that might turn out to be a problem in the future.

I've got to be careful.

---------

Any tboughts on the chapter? What are your views on conservation?

--Naomi

EDIT: guys please i was like so so young and so angry at twilight and shadowhunters and i don't think i even agree with the opinions about them expressed in this chapter (I HAVENT READ THIS SHIT IN LIKE A YEAR and i honestly have no plans to). please please stop being mean to me -- or cass -- in the comments by calling me/her stupid, a dumbass, etc and the passive-aggressive comments about it can please stop as well. there will be a point in time where i will come back and edit all 100k+ words of this book and it'll be so much better and while i probably will still include jokes poking fun and throwing shit at twilight (and shadowhunters tbh) it wont be as incorrect or whatever else some of yall are saying it is. thank you :) ~naomi

(i know the sign-off is different -- im going by naomi now, please no longer call me rose, the rest of the sign-offs are rose because there's no way im going through all like 50 chapters of this JUST to change my name, the only reason it got changed here was because im literally already in this chapter ok please and thank you)