Chapter 9: Bella or Clary?

Start from the beginning

"No," I sigh. "We shouldn't drill for all the oil now or cut down all the trees or destroy habitats or things like that, I'm just saying that most human beings are only concerned about themselves, and if that's the case for the majority of people, then they're not going to support anything to preserve the Earth after we're gone. Logically, there's a very low possibilty that the minority would be able to change anything no matter how hard they try."

We're both silent, contemplating, before Aaron speaks.

"Bella Swan or Clary Fray?"

I blink. "What?" His sudden change in topic leaves me confused.

"Bella Swan or Clary Fray?"

I shake my head at him. "I don't know."

"Come on, Cassie," he groans. "The whole point of the game is that you have to choose one."

"I can't choose, they're both equally terrible characters in both the books and the movies."

He raises his eyebrows. "Explain."

I sigh. "Okay, Bella Swan fell in love with a creepy, ugly monster, that for the longest time had the strongest urge to kill her, for his looks, and treated his personality as a bonus. When he left her to 'keep her safe', it broke her, which I didn't understand, but, okay.

"She started talking to Jacob, who was super freaking hot, and he was basically helping her through her state of depression. I think that she loved Jacob too, but the only difference between him and Edward is that Bella actually fell in love with Jacob's personality first, because Jacob is awesome, and then realized that he was attractive, which i think is much better than what happened with Edward.

"She could've been happy and led a wonderful life if only she hadn't gone running back to Edward as soon as he thought she was dead. Like, I get why she would try to save him, but he hurt her and she was starting to move on to Jacob.

"So essentially I feel that Bella hurt Jacob for no reason, and look what happened to her. She got a damned soul and a curse of immortality along with a penchant for blood, and for what? So she could end up with not Jacob?

"Those vampires in those movies weren't even that hot. Like, in all honesty they looked really creepy and I wish I could un-know what they look like."

Aaron stares at me with what I've come to know as his thinking face. "And what about Clary Fray?"

I scoff. "Don't even get me started. Clary Fray had a perfect best friend right there that knew everything about her and loved her despite all of the terrible qualities she had. Did she notice? No. She fell for some dude that looks like a rat. But, when she found out that Jace was her 'brother', who did she start getting feelings for? Simon, the innocent best friend that was going through changes as a vampire.

"I was happy for Simon and not Clary, because, fuck Clary, but then, it came out that Jace actually wasn't Clary's brother, and almost immediately she went running back to him, leaving Simon with a broken heart. She's so ridiculous, like, make up your damn mind already."

The feelings of frustration and dislike that I felt while watching the show and reading the books resurface and I groan.

"Fuck, I hate her. No, wait, I hate the both of them."

Aaron smirks at me. "But you have to choose one."

I bite my lip, thinking. "I'm going to have to go with Clary. That doesn't mean that i like Bella better, it means that I hate Clary more. In fact, Bella Swan is a Clary Fray in her own, but still very similar way, so essentially they're the same person. So that means, by picking Clary, I am picking the both of them."