"T-t..they aren't bad..."

Sans and Joseph's attention immediately went to you. Making youflinch under the hard looks. Your voice was small, meek and fragile. You no longer stood but crouched down onto the floor as panicked tears rolled down your cheeks, your hands slightly shaking as you struggled to breathed in and out, trying to steady the overwhelming tightness in your chest.

"Kid..." Sans called, raising his hands when Joseph shot him a hateful stare.

"Don't talk to her like you know her." He snapped. "It's fucking disgusting."

Sans' eyebrows furrowed, his eye lights dying out. "I'm only trying to—"

"She doesn't need your help, nor did she ask for it." He looked down at the spaghetti, his face twisting in disgust before looking up at the taller skeleton. "Why would she need help from a bunch of freaks like you?"

Papyrus... he didn't know what to do. Sure he had his fair share of racial humans but... his attention went to you. You were beginning to hyperventilate, slowly rocking yourself back and forth with low mumbles coming from you.

This is the first time he'd ever see a human on a verge of a panic attack.

"You aren't doing much help there, buddy."

The overflowing magic in the room made his soul buzz and on high alert at the danger, ready to be pulled into a FIGHT. He clenched his hand over his soul.

"D-don't..." Papyrus frowned at your voice. "D-don't do that.." Sans tore his eyes from Joseph to you, You were beginning to claw at your scalp, softly crying as you begged weakly to your brother.

How many times has he used this tactic on you?

"Don't do that, kid. You'll hurt yourself." Sans' voice hadn't cut through your inner battle, he swore under his breath as he turned his attention back on Joseph—However, he could only tense in his touch as he was dragged over the table by his collar.

"SANS...!" Papyrus gasped and was quick on his feet, his hand outstretched to use his magic. The orange hue dying out almost instantly as Sans held out a hand, telling his brother to stop.

"Don't worry Paps, I got this under control."

"Yes, But..." He looked at the hostile human, twisting his mittens in his hands nervously. His brother only had 1 HP for stars sake and your brother looked like he wasn't one to back down from a fight.

"Check up on Y/n."

"No way. Don't you dare lay a finger on her." Your brother's fist tightened, bringing Sans closer to him as the pot that held the spaghetti clatter on the floor, spilling the semi-hot noodles, followed by the shatter of a plate.

"If she keeps hyperventilating like that, she'll pass out and hit the end table!" Sans tried to reason, holding onto Joseph's wrist. "She's hurting herself for stars sakes."

But Joseph refused.

Papyrus frowned. Looking at you clawing your scalp, the tears staining your face... your face that was smiling not even an hour ago, your whole body shook as you pathetically pleaded Joseph and... a Josh to stop it.

If only he could get close to you without alarming Joseph. He could heal you with his magic, soothe you with his soul.

He swallowed the non existent saliva. What he was going to do was going to take damage on his own soul, and potentially the friendship he wants to build with you.

As if Sans knew what Papyrus was going to do, he wrapped his hands from Joseph's wrist and began trying to pry his hands from his shirt.

"Paps, don't!" He shouted, his eye a blaze with blue magic. Even if Sans knew what his brother was going to do from the good will in his soul, he couldn't exactly stop him with himself while being held above solid ground. He began to kick his feet, trying to avoid using magic on the offending human that was your brother.