1. Moving Away

Magsimula sa umpisa

Which, you knew, would be a problem because you forget to eat three meals a day. You were busy, is all.

"It's a two bedroom apartment."

Josh huffed, standing from the stool. "Have a roommate, someone you know." He glanced to Joseph for help before turning back to you. You rose your eyebrow at the two before shrugging Josh's hands from your shoulders.

" you were barely able to afford it! You'll have to work multiple jobs to pay the rent and to eat! Not to mention you—"

"She'll be fine." A low gruff spike from behind the two doctors. Your lips pulled amusingly as they stepped away from you and acted as if they hadn't harassed you about moving all morning.

"She's a (L/n)! (L/n)'s don't quit, nor do we go for the easiest route." He stepped in between your brothers, wrapping an arm around brother their shoulders and lightly shook the two of them.

You giggled at your father and nodded, happy he agreed with you and took you moving (surprisingly) well. You were their baby, their last child that wasn't a child prodigy with a knack for hospitals. Which was good since you hated hospitals in the first place.

Something about your dad taking you moving we'll set off random flags but you choose to ignore it and hope it goes smoothly from here on out. Future text spams were a guarantee though. You made a mental note to reply to everyone when you left.

"If anyone has a problem with you," he paused his shake to look at you, his smile no longer present. "Tell 'em your old pops is a retired veteran."

You cringed slightly but nodded to humour him. Swallowing the last bite of your toast and brushed your palms together to get rid of the crumbs, smiling at your family as you went to hug them individually, giving each a kiss on the cheek before pulling away.

"Text me when you get there, okay?" Said Joseph, messing your ponytail before turning and taking a seat on the couch.

"I still think you should go to college here." Pouted Josh. "Monsters can't be trusted." He said while narrowing his eyes, taking your pinky and locking it with his.

"There, don't talk to any monsters." He nodded, satisfied, and walked away before you could protest.

Your mother laughed softly behind you. "They're nearing their thirties and yet they insist on acting like children."

Your bottom lip trembled softly as you stood in the middle of your parents, the weight of moving finally making its appearance as you turned around once more and embraced your mother into a tight hug. You were moving six hours away from them. On the other side of Mt.Ebbot and past a forest, so far from their touches until next Thanksgiving.

Your mother's laugh came back, this time a much softer tone as she wrapped her arms around you, your father joining the hug.

"You'll do fine. You're our most precious child, we don't want you crying."

A small 'hey!' Coming from either Joseph or Josh made you smile despite the tears steadily rolling down your cheeks.

You could never tell them that you hadn't paid full price of the apartment. Even if you started saving when you were 15, it was still a costly apartment. Which was why you and a childhood best friend was going to be moving together.

You didn't say anything because your family didn't really like this particular best friend and knew that they'd flip over and convince you to look for a different apartment away from her. You couldn't after everything had been moved from your room to an apartment that was miles away.

Plus, you wanted to be independent. You need to get a grasp of your life and not be under the towering shadow of both your brothers success. You knew from the stretched smile of your mother's glossy lips meant; you're welcome home to wallow in your own self-hatred. And your father's comforting hug screamed; my little girl.