Chapter 1: My Life

Hey guys this is my first book. I am not a writer but had an idea for a story and thought I would give it a go. I apologise in advance for any spelling or grammar mistakes as this book has not been edited therefore I am bound to have loads. Any way enjoy the story and let me know what you think.

Chapter 1: My Life

*Jennifer *

"Jen!" Emma screams at the top of her voice causing everyone in the hallway to stare at her. Closing my locker and looking towards the entrance, I see her running towards me as she collides with every other person who doesn't move out of the way quickly enough. I mentally prepare myself for what I know is coming. Finally reaching me she opens her arms giving me a hug that almost knocked me off my feet. You would think that by the way she is acting we haven't seen each other in years, in truth I saw her on Friday.

"I've missed you so much" she exclaims while continuing to squeeze the life out of me. "I saw you Friday, it's only been three days" I give her a look like she has just gone crazy. Letting go of me she says "I know, but you abandoned me yesterday. How could you! You know how lonely I get when your not here. Everyone thought I had gone into depression. The teachers kept asking me if I was ok and I then had to explain to them that my best friend wasn't in school" she begins to pout.

"You know why I didn't come in yesterday. You don't see me complaining when you can't come to school. What did I miss yesterday anyway?" I ask her as she rummages around in her locker looking for her textbook. "Just because you do not enjoy my company as much as I do yours doesn't mean you have to be mean." I give her a comforting hug. "Work wise you really didn't miss much. English was boring we just finished reading Pride and Prejudice even thought you and I read it weeks ago. Gym we did nothing like always. That was really it, Oh! We did have a talk about jobs and stuff but that doesn't really matter as you already know what you want to do."

Making our way to homeroom she proceeds to tell me all the gossip that I have missed. Emma and I have been friends for seven years, to be honest I don't actually remember how we met but it doesn't really matter. From that first day of middle school we have been inseparable. She is the most energetic and hyper person you will ever meet, as well as being a massive chocoholic. Now in our last year of high school we know we will have do say goodbye. With only a few weeks left till graduation, we will try and enjoy the time we have left together before going to university.

"You would never guess what happened! Amber broke up with Ben yesterday, you know what that means right. Benjamin Walker is finally single for the first time in three years" Emma has liked Ben for a long time now, I don't really blame her that boy in hot with a capital H. "You should talk to him" I tell her giving her a little shove.

Walking into class we sit at our usual place near the front. I wouldn't go as far as calling us geeks. We are what you would call good girls. "Oh and apparently we have a new guy starting today. His name is Mathew, he transferred from a school in LA or something" she whisper/screams as the teacher walks in. "What is the point in starting a new school with only a few weeks left?" I ask. "I know right! I hear his family has to move a lot. Anyway he is in your Biology class so we will see" Turning to look at the front we realise that the teacher had told everyone to settle down and we where the only one's left talking. Oops!

------------------------------------

Walking into Biology I make my way to my seat. Emma wasn't in this class with me; I did AP science while she was more into humanities. Ms Wild had just started the lesson, when the new guy walked in. He was tall, had dark brown hair and vivid green eyes almost the colour of grass. Most would describe him as being handsome. "I'm so sorry I'm late. I got a bit lost" he tells the teacher. "That's fine, take a seat". Looking around I realise that the only available seat is net to me. "Hi, I'm Matt" "Jen, nice to meet you." I say shaking his hand. "If you need anyone to show around I can help. Let me have a look at your schedule." I told him with a smile "Thanks that would be awesome" He said handing it to me. "Ok, almost all your lessons are with me. The only exception is Spanish and Gym" "That's great, at least I'll have a familiar face. A pretty one at that" he said giving me a charming smile.

*James*

"Man, look at the legs on that one" Dylan nudges my shoulder. Turning around I see why my friend is having a fit. Crossing the road is one of the hottest girls I have seen in a while. She has long straight black hair almost reaching her butt, I can only see her from the back but I have to admit I liked what I did see. "I know what you mean, Anyway My Uncle called saying he had something really important to tell me."

"Come on man, I'm just enjoying the view" he says as he continues to stare at the girl's ass. "Its fine man, we're here anyway" Getting out of the car I make my way out of my Red Ferrari and into the twenty story office building. Some would describe me as a rich spoilt brat but when your father is number fifteen on the list of the world's richest people owning hundreds of hotels and casinos all over the country. Let's just say you become accustomed to a life of privilege.

"Good Morning Mr Hamilton" says the smiling receptionist, a woman in her mid twenties with copper hair and golden honey eyes. "Good morning Mandy. I'm here to see my Uncle is he in his office?" "He is in a meeting; it should be finishing about now. He told me to tell you that he would meet you in his office." "Thank you Mandy, you're looking beautiful as ever" I reply giving her my killer smile. I can see a blush beginning to appear on her cheeks. "Have a good day Mr Hamilton"

I walk away giving her a small wave over my back. "Man, I wish I could work with your uncle. Do all the women in this building look like her? If so sign me up now" I look at my friend and can't help but smile. Where ever Dylan goes he is always looking for a good time. We have been friends since we were 5. Even then he was a ladies man, our teachers used to call the pair of us the little Heartbreakers.

-------------------------------

Walking into my uncle's office I looked at the view. As it was located at the top of the building as well as having glass panels on two walls, I was able see for miles. I am sure that it is one of the best views in the whole city. After waiting for a few minutes my uncle walked in. " James" "Good morning Uncle you wanted to see me?" I look at him; the expression on his face was unreadable. "It's your father"

* Jennifer*

The rest of the day went by really quickly. Next thing I knew it was already lunchtime. I walk into the cafeteria making my way to our usual table. Emma and a few of our other friends are already eating. "Omg! Have you guys seen the new guy? He is so cute" said Anna. "I know right, I could eat him up" exclaimed Ruby. Sometimes my friends are just too much. 'Could Jennifer Williams please make her way to the principals office, Jennifer Williams make your way to the principals office' "Did I hear that right, or am I delirious. Jen what did you do?" asked Anna. "I know!" shouted Emma "She was caught making out with the new guy in the janitors closet. Am I right?" I look at my best friend like she just grew an extra head. "I did no such thing. I think you might be mistaking me for Ruby. I better go see what Mr Gray wants, talk to you guys later."

Walking down the halls I can't help but get a bad feeling about this. I know I didn't do anything wrong. I reach the office and open the door. Behind a huge oak desk sits Mr Gray. "Jennifer, please take a seat" reluctantly I sit down. "I'm afraid I have some devastating news."

*******************************************************************

Ok Guys that is the first chapter. I'm not completely satisfied but the story is just getting started. I promise it will get better. Thanks for reading.

Jess xx :D