15. Job interview

Start from the beginning

He talked about how he was at the Police Academy and how he is currently on vacation from the law. I kind of like the men in uniform.

"Ever since I've been on vacation, I've been drunk every day, bro. I only allow that one period a year. The rest of the year I have to be a role model to the citizens." - He tried to be serious when he talked but he was laughing in half a sentence. Just like me.

"Now if I get caught for some evil doing in the traffic, I'll know who to call!"

He leaned in and whispered in my ear; "Don't be too naughty, I'll have to arrest and punish you. The jail room is right in my room. What a coincidence!"

I laughed and I didn't answer anything. Mark is handsome and tall. His eyes are dark brown, almost black. His muscles are visible under that dark blue T-shirt. He's a cop after all. He's got to be in top shape.

Such a great song started and Mark grabbed my hand and took me away from a bunch of people to dance alone. He was getting closer to my face, but he didn't try to do anything. Gentleman. It was nice to feel his touch. Although he deals with such a bristly job, he has an extremely soft touch.

"I think you're the prettiest girl here."

"Your eyesight has been mixed up from all the booze all week."-I was teasing him.

"No, no, I see well. And I like what I see. "- He measured me from head to toe. I think the fifth time tonight.

"Let's go back, to get another round?"

When I walked to Alex and Carrie, I saw them rising thumbs up as a sign of approval. I knew they were watching all the time. Tomorrow I'll have a lecture on why I didn't kiss him, I'm sure. Mark went to the bathroom ten minutes ago and just vanished.

"Harvey, where the fuck have you been? The party's in full throttle!"

"I was helping my dad out with something."

"Hello Harvey, the rising star!" - Carrie got him a full glass of wine.

"You know I don't drink. I'll have water, thank you. "

"No, no, you have to drink tonight. There's no exceptions! Lila got a job at the television station. She will be a star one day!"

"I got a job as an assistant, I hardly believe that I can't be a star and besides, I don't want to."

"Congratulations, L. Anyway, I'll have that water."

"Of course. Thank you, Harvey!"

Carrie has interrupted an awkward silence with the stupidest question ever.

"I hope you didn't invite that ugly one from the concert here today?"

"Who?"

"Well, that naughty little thing. I wanted to dig her eyes out!"

"You mean Kiara?"

"Yes, she. Karen. "

"Kiara. And no, I didn't call her. I didn't even invite her to the concert the other day."

"Yes, that's true. She just shows up, like a tick. "- Niel said and laughed at himself.

"You didn't call your girlfriend at your own concert?" - Alex is reading my mind again.

"What a fucking girlfriend? She's a tick and that's all."

By this point, even more because of the alcohol in my veins, I can't tell if he's telling the truth.

I think she got him pretty angry with the question.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Carrie, can you come with me and show me where it is? "