Chapter 3

Ava POV

I sit there in my car, thinking. Over thinking,  about how to repair myself and get back on my feet. Its like everytime I close my eyes I see Lance in the trapped car with me. That memory will forever haunt me. After the day is over I head to the grocery store, make myself dinner.

"Ava??" I turn around and see August.

"Mr. Alsina are you following me?," I laugh.

"Who wouldnt," I blush. "Nah but im just shopping to make dinner,"

"Oh for your girlfriend," he gets an angry expression on his face. "Oh Im sorry I -," He laughs.

"Nah I dont have one" I nudge him.

"Dont do that, it wasnt funny," I smile to myself. 

"You should have seen your face," I roll my eyes.

"I was nervous," I laugh.

"Right right," I shake my head. "What you going to make for dinner? ,"

"Um im not sure, I cant cook. Maybe I will go eat McDonald's by myself or something," He sighs, causing me to laugh.

"Do you want to come over for dinner?,"

"Me? Wow I would be honored," I smile and give him my address.

**

After my shower I look in the mirror as the water runs from my hair runs down my back. I look dull and boring, I really do need to step it up.  I put of my under clothes and my leggings. I toss on my crew neck and let my hair down. Skimming my fridge for something to make, no mexican, no chinese. Shortly, I hear August knocking pn the door.

"Hey," I open the door.

"Hey," He smiles with wine in his hand. He hugs me, reminding me of....nevermind.

"Already hooking it up," The smell of Jambalaya fills the house.

"Well you know," I smile and walk into the kitchen.

"But you dont knowbhow to throw down,"

"Please," I add the sausages into the pan. "You better learn from the best," He walks into the kitchen and watches. "Take notes," He chuckles as I fees him some.

"Its alright," I laugh.

"The lies you are telling right now, let me see you you try," I step back and he takes over. I open the wine and pour some into the glass. "So you can cook,"

"I got somethings up my sleeve,"

"So you lied to me?," I pretend to be shocked.

"Nah babygirl, I dont lie I tell jokes," I laugh.

"Shut up," I nudge him with my shoulder causing him to smile. "Im starving!,"

"Miss Extraness herself,"

"Never, "

"The lies you tell, " I laugh.  "There try this," I taste the jambalaya and I tastes better than I was cooking it.

"Its okay," He chuckles. After dinner he helps me clean up the kitchen and we end up watching a movie.

"This movie makes no type of since," We sit there watching John Tucker Must Die. "So what is she lesbian now?,"

"Oh my gosh August you talk to damn much," I laugh.

" Look I got a better movie,"

"No we are not watching Soul Plane, " He roams around on Netflix.