Best of stories yet to come...

Sitting in her garden, Sanem Divit let her heart lead the words that she read to her beloved Can. He was her soulmate in every possible way. He was the one who captured her heart and filled her soul with light. He was her husband. Each time she heard that word spoken or thought of in reference to him still left her heart breatless. And made her soul smile. He was the inspiration for her first book. His love returning to her was the meaning of her second one. And she knew that he would be the hero of all of her stories yet to be written...

She was still a dreamer, still had a heart filled with kindness and love. But now she knew that dreams could come true. She once had two dreams. To become a writer and to live in Galapagos. And both of those dreams came true. She dreamed of being a good writer, not a famous one. She mentioned that once to the person whose name she swore to herself she would never mention ever again. For wasn't it a writer's best form of ommitance if his name was never mentioned and laid to be forgotten? Wasn't it the best way to act as if he never existed and never hurt anyone in a way he could have? As a writer, she understood the difference between condemnation and omittance. The difference laid within the person she was. She still chose to see the light and goodness of the people around her. She still chose to believe that goodness of the heart conquered the evil in others. And she knew that love had the power to fill a heart and keep that heart whole against any dark clouds...

And she found her Galapagos. She realized she needn't travel anywhere to find Galapagos right where she sat. On her land in Istanbul, on the land she now shared with Can. Her Galapagos turned out to be right in the heart of Can Divit. She realized it the moment she felt his heart beat within hers. It was that heart that inspired her to pen down the real story of their love and all of its fortunes. Theirs was a story riddled with leaps of faith, love, pain of rejection, and second chances. Second chances not only for one another but for them themselves too. Sanem realized she needed to give herself a second chance at happiness she so desperately yearned for. Can realized he needed to open himself up to his own second chance of a life without any fear for his own heart. And they both realized that what was waiting on the other side of the fears they felt for so long was love. LOVE, and finally a fulfillment of their hearts' deepest desires...

And Sanem realized something more. She realized that only Can could have given her the joy of a family she longed for. That only she could have offered the same to him. She knew that the three miracles of life they had created were a true testimony of their love. Star, Sky, and Fire filled her heart with a mother's love for a child that only her mother Mevkibe would understand. She also knew that Can finally realized what it meant to be a part of a family that would never leave him. That would stay by his side. That would support him in all things he did. And that would be there for him day in and day out...

There were many reasons why Sanem fell in love with Can. And one of the reasons was his enchanting smile. That enchanting smile that he only offerred to her, and only when they were alone. It was a smile of a man who found the one person in his life he could open up to. It was a smile that stopped the world from spinning. It stopped it for her so many times. She saw that smile when they ate at the outdoor restaurant when they waited for the printshop to become available, in Agua when they rode on the bicycles through the forest and ate sardines for dinner, when they spent their first evening at his moutain home, when they enjoyed a meal the evening she told him she loved him, and when he came by her home and sat in the kitchen with her parents and enjoyed a true honest laugh then. There were so many sleepless nights when Can fled from Istanbul that she wished for that smile, and when he was back, so was his smile. Looking at him now, she knew that it was a smile of a man who felt comfortable with himself and with his own past. For it no longer owned him, for he conquered that past. And she did so too...

Now what lay ahead of them was yet to be determined. The best of their stories were yet to come. But now they were one. Can and his Sanem. Sanem and her Can. And the memories they shared and their treasured past would always remind them that their love was as real as they were. And that what lay before them was never the end, but a new beginning of their days yet to come...