"I asked you to check on Tamia for me, not make her think she can't come home. What the hell did you say to her?"

"I told her to stay away from you." Naomi shrugged. "Obviously, she didn't listen. Were you planning to intimidate me when you came here? I'm not afraid of your ass, December. As you can see, I have people looking out for me. The Clique doesn't take kindly to people fucking with their girls."

"The Clique?" December pushed Naomi's hands off of him and stepped away from her. "So, you do know that nigga Santana. Family doesn't mean shit to you, huh?"

"Santana is my family. Let's not forget that you backed up Keenan and April's decision to put me out when I chose to keep Natalie. Who do you think helped me out after that? It damn sure wasn't you. Don't come to me with that 'family' shit now, December, because when I needed you, you wouldn't even answer my calls. Now that I have my shit in order, we're family? Fuck that and fuck you."

"All that shit you're talking is water under the bridge, Nay."

"You're right. I'm not upset with you. I'm just never going to love you more than I love The Clique. I'm never going to take your side when the people you're opposing are in The Clique."

"It's like that, Naomi?" December nodded. "A'ight, cool. Remember this, sis. Just stay the hell away from my woman while you're doing it."

"Fuck Tamia. I have two kids of my own. The last thing I need is another hardheaded-ass child to look out for. Beat her ass as much as you want. You can leave now."

"I'm still talking to-" December became silent when he saw Paradise pull a gun out of her waistband.

"Get the fuck out," Naomi ordered. She didn't even have to turn around to see what had caught December's attention. She knew that her girls had her back. "Unless you want her to pull the trigger. I'll see you around."

Since December was outnumbered and had chosen to leave his house without any weapons on him, he began walking toward the door. He paused to pull Naomi into a hug. "If I can't touch Santana, somebody in this lame-ass organization is taking the fall for him," he whispered. He kissed her on the cheek and continued walking. "Paradise, Eve, if you ever feel like hitting the track, give me a call."

Laughing as Paradise cocked her gun, December slipped out of the house just in time to avoid having her pull the trigger. He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and sent a text message to the number at the top of his call log. Seconds later, one of his cars flew from around the corner and stopped in front of him. He opened the door and got inside.

"You said you were only gonna be in there for a minute or two, nigga," Ice complained, pressing down on the gas.

December chuckled. "You got somewhere to be, homie? I'm gonna let you put some work in eventually, but I need to see some patience first."

"Whatever. A nigga can only be patient for so long before his trigger finger starts itching."

"Self-control is the key, fam."

"And you know so much about self-control, right?"

December started to reply, but something outside of the car caught his attention. "Pull over, Ice."

"What? We're in front of a-"

"Pull over."

Ice sighed and did as instructed, allowing December to step out of the car. "Nina!" December called. He couldn't see her face because she was walking in the opposite direction, but he didn't have to. Over the years, he'd spent dozens of hours staring at what he'd deemed the perfect body. Although he never forced his girls to sleep with him, they couldn't stop him from looking. Nina's shapely physique always stood out in a crowd. "What the hell are you doing?"