Chapter XVI

December walked around his sister's house slowly, nodding his head in approval of the expensive furniture and décor. "Baby sis has this shit laid," he commented. He noticed that the house was at least twice as big as his own. He made a mental note to find out who her realtor was, and then he stopped in the middle of a hallway to observe a framed photo of Naomi and two other women in skimpy police officer costumes. It was obvious that the trio shared a tight bond. He could tell that they were like family, but December couldn't help but notice the slight hint of animosity that Naomi's smile showed. He didn't know which one of the girls the hostility was directed toward, but he knew that it had been building up for a long time. December knew his sister. She was patient and always tried to conceal her anger, but she could only deal with someone's bullshit for so long before she snapped.

December turned to his right when he heard the front door open. He was instantly met by the two unidentified women in the picture. "Who the hell are you?" the taller of the two asked, placing her hand on the waistband of her pants. She stepped toward December, and the woman behind her followed suit.

"I could ask you the same thing, gorgeous," December replied. He took note of the women's attractive features. Their looks put Tamia's to shame, and he knew that they could easily rake in millions for him. They both had shapely bodies that were worth putting in the history books and exotic faces that were threatening to make his member rock-hard if he looked at them any longer.

"You're in my sister's house. I think I win."

"No... I'm in my sister's house. Naomi and I share blood."

"I'm Paradise. You're December, right?" the little one inquired. She strolled back over to the door and closed it before walking up to December until they stood inches apart. "Naomi's a nice person. Nice to a fault, even, and she's loyal. You know that just as well as I do. Because you know that, I'm only going to say this once. That 'not speaking to her for years and then calling her just because you need a favor' shit isn't going to happen again. Find somebody else to take advantage of, because you'll get fucked up about that one."

December chuckled, not at all deterred by her warning. He could tell by her tone alone that she was the one Naomi had issues with. "By who? You?" He pushed her hair out of her face and cupped her chin. "Put that attitude in check before I have your pretty ass on the stroll. I have a feeling that you and your friend here could get Daddy paid."

"Eve and I aren't those Section-Eight hoes that you're used to dealing with, so save that pimp shit for the next chick you meet, you bitch-ass muthafucka."

As soon as the insult left her mouth, December cocked his hand back, fully prepared to put the feisty temptress in her place. "Bitch-" he began. He didn't have a chance to make another move before he felt a small hand wrap around his neck. He was pushed back into the wall seconds later.

"If you were planning to put your hands on her, you might want to rethink your decision," Eve threatened. "She's not the little-ass girl that you're fucking who lets you beat her ass for fun. I will bust your shit wide open over Paradise, nigga." She squeezed his neck harder as the door opened again and Naomi and her children stepped inside.

Naomi chuckled and observed the scene in front of her. "Natalie and Corbin, go to the game room. We'll be in there soon." Once they were gone, Naomi made her way over to Eve and grabbed the back of her sweatpants, forcefully pulling her away from December. "Feel free to kill him later. I want to know why he's in my house first." She directed her attention to December. "And it better be a damn good reason."

December shot menacing looks to both Eve and Paradise. Straightening the collar on his shirt, he cleared his throat. "Can we talk alone?"

"Whatever you have to say to me, you can say it in front of my sisters." She walked up to him and lifted his chin, observing the marks that Eve had left on his neck. "I don't have all day, so hurry up and talk while I still care to listen."