fresh magazines

delta grabbed a vogue magazine off the shelf, smiling to herself. she flipped through the pages seeing her favorite band, one direction.

delta loves magazines especially vogue, glamour, seventeen. even though she won't admit she has a magazine obsession. she had started her collection when she had moved and came here when she was just 9. she had spent all of her allowance on 4 magazines.

she heard steps approaching the magazine aisle. she didn't want to be disturbed so she quickly grabbed another vogue magazine she was looking at and skidded on her feet walking to the checkout. she got in line 3, waiting for a woman to finish checking out with her children. the woman finished paying and walking trying to drag her kids with her.

"hello delta! what magazines have you found here today?" mallory the cashier asked. mallory was a woman in her mid 50s that had worked her ever since delta came here her first time.

it was a magazine day and mallory and delta had both known that she'd be there sometime today. magazine days were always on a monday or thursday.

she sat her magazines on the counter and said, "i wanted to buy the new one with ariana grande on the front but i was a little rushed." she looked at the magazines with beyonce on one and adele on the other.

"nice choices, sweetie." mallory scanned the items. mallory was always like a grandma for delta.

"$7.36 the usual." delta handed her a 10 bill already because she had bought so many magazines she had already known the total.

delta grinned grabbing her bag, "keep the change." as she had always said. she waved bye walking out into the rain.

|||