12 | hangout

"hanna, do you have nothing to do today?" xiyeon asked, looking at me from her desk.

i was sprawled out on the sofa, with absolutely no motivation to do anything.

"i have some assignments i could work on... but i'm too lazy!" i yawned.

"tsk," xiyeon clicked her tongue. "well, don't blame me later that i didn't prevent you from procrastinating."

"ugh, i wish someone would text me, i'm so bored."

just then, i got a notification. i grabbed my phone to see a message from--lee felix?

wait, i shouldn't read his message right away.

i waited a few moments before clicking on the notification.

----------

lee felix

felix: hey, are you free this
saturday?

----------

why's he asking? i'm free for now, but... why?

----------

yeah, why?

felix: do you wanna hang out?
i feel like we haven't talked much
lately :(

-----------

hang... out? yeah, like as a friend, right? but just us two? what if jisu finds out?

"xiyeon, emergeny situation. help me," i spoke.

"hm?" xiyeon didn't even look up from her computer.

"my guy friend has a girlfriend but he just asked if i want to hang out with him next saturday."

"umm, just say no," xiyeon replied, completely uninterested.

"how? i already said i'm free that day."

xiyeon didn't respond.

ugh, screw her.

----------

what about jisu?

felix: haha, dw about her, she
already has other plans that day

um, where are we going tho?

felix: since it's spring and flowers
are blooming, i thought maybe the
cherry blossom festival?

-----------

cherry blossom festival? sounds romantic... i mean, we're just going as friends.

----------

oo, sounds nice

felix: rly? so you're going, right?

ya

felix: ok!!

----------

i let out a weird scream.

"shut up please, i'm working on my essay," xiyeon said.

☆☆☆

i don't know why, but i spent the week anticipating saturday's hangout with felix.

and on saturday, i felt, nervous?

i'm literally just hanging out with a friend, why am i so jumpy?

i found myself constantly checking my hair or makeup with my phone's front camera on the way to the park.

i'm not even trying to impress anyone, but.

"hanna!" felix's voice called.

i spotted him standing at the entrance of the park, and wow--he looks so cute today--stop!

but really, he was dressed in very boyfriend material--i mean nice clothes--today. and he was wearing a beret!

"nice hat," i said, approaching him.

"thanks, you look nice today," he complimented.

shoot, that wasn't healthy for my heart?

we walked around the park, looking at the cherry blossoms and conversing about random things.

"look, they're busking," felix pointed at a band of people playing music in the middle of the park.

"let's go watch," i suggested.

we took a seat where other people were watching the band.

the band played calming songs, and the singers had great voices. the music made me feel mellow and happy.

we ended up staying there until the band finished busking around dinner time.

"should we go get some dinner?" felix asked.

"yeah."

we slowly left the park. while felix searched for places to eat on his phone, i started to think.

why have i been feeling this small fluttering in my heart today? i know felix is dating jisu. and... wait, is that jisung and soojin?

i thought i saw the two of them... but they were too far away for me to be sure.

"i found a place," felix said. "let's go."

"huh? oh, yeah, okay."

dinner was great, and soon we were walking back to the dorms.

felix was quiet for bit, then said,

"you know, i was gonna tell you... i'm sorry for causing trouble for you with jisu and stuff."

"it's... not your fault," i said.

"well, i apologize for jisu... she's been misunderstanding you this whole time," felix sighed.

that's true...

"i know... you like jisung... but jisu..." felix mumbled, sighing and looking down at the ground.

i...

"no, i don't like jisung," i blurted.

people going to kcon la are so lucky... they get to see stray kids and itzy and ab6ix and iz*one and seventeen and--