05 | feelings

"let's go," soojin said once we exited the restaurant.

"ah, i need to drop by the convenience store, you guys go without me," i said.

"are you sure? it's pretty late though, it might be dangerous for you to walk alone," jisung said.

"it's okay, it'll be really quick," i assured them.

the real reason why i wanted to go separately was because i didn't want to spend another ten minutes third wheeling between jisung and soojin as we walked to the dorms.

"okay then, bye!" jisung waved, along with soojin.

"bye, good night," i waved back as they started towards the dorms.

i sighed, walking to the nearby convenience store.

i bought myself a coffee milk and remembered the first meeting of math club when the leader asked me what my favorite drink at the convenience store was.

if i could turn back time to then and  stayed away from jisung and soojin, would i not be in this situation?

i guess i still do have feelings for jisung, seeing that i don't like it when he talks to soojin all the time.

i gulped down almost all of the coffee milk at once, and started to walk back home.

"ko hanna?"

i stopped in my tracks and saw felix standing in front of me.

"oh hi," i said. "what are you doing here this late?"

"i think i should be asking you that," felix said. "are you going back to the dorms?"

"yeah, good night."

"good night? you think i'm gonna let you walk home alone at this hour?" felix chuckled. "i'm on my way back too, we might as well go together."

"sure."

"it's been a while since we've had a conversation like this," felix said as we walked under the streetlights.

"yeah, i had no idea we would end up at the same college."

"neither did i."

"you know, you were really annoying in middle school," i suddenly felt the need to tease him. "like, really annoying."

"hah, you're right, i was."

"are you still annoying?"

felix laughed. "i don't know, you tell me!"

"at least you don't copy off my work," i joked.

"oh, that scene from earlier today was quite fun to watch," felix said. "ko hanna the smart girl, getting yelled at by the club leader."

"everyone has their flaws," i shrugged.

"mhm."

"and yours is that you're annoying," i added, jokingly.

"i can still make those mosquito noises."

"oh my god, i remember you used to drive everyone crazy with that!"

"yup," felix nodded. "ah, i'm remembering all these memories..."

it felt nice to be nostalgic with someone i knew since my teenage years.

"now that i think back on it, i really hated you in middle school," i said.

"really? why?"

"obviously because you annoyed me! a lot."