Chapter 19 - Lost in Aden's Sweet Waffle Taste

Start from the beginning

I was still stressing out but I knew Aden was just asking me these questions so he can find out all the facts in case it wasn't just Juliet's doing. Aden picked up one last photo off the ground that was by the door while I answered. "There should be 19 the last time I checked."

Aden counted the photos to 20 out loud stopping at the last photo. "Alexa this photo isn't the same as the others." He picked out the photo and sniffed it letting out an angry growl.

Before he could say anymore, I snatched it out of his grip examining the photo immediately knowing the photo. Dropping the photo panic rose in me taking my mind back to that day. A day that changed my life forever.

"Mummy look here!" I point at the butterfly that was on the tip of my finger. "Isn't it so pretty."

"Darling don't scream it'll fly away." Mummy smiled to me patting my head softly and carefully to not break the flower crown on my head that we made together. "It is very pretty just like you, my love."

Looking up at my mummy I squinted my seeing the hue of the sun behind my mother's head. Mummy was very pretty just like me also wearing a similar flower crown that we made together. We made so many flower crowns. We made one for my cousin, daddy, my aunty and my big uncle Alpha.

Daddy and uncle Alpha had a very important but secret meeting today. Mummy wasn't very happy about it so she said we could go play out in the field today which is my favourite place to be. The field had so many pretty flowers and mummy loved letting me ride on her back.

Suddenly mummy wasn't smiling anymore as her head cocked to the direction of the woods nose in the air. Quickly mummy pulled me up from the ground pushing me behind her. I was getting scared so I hugged the back of her dress peeking the side of her seeing 2 ugly scary men walk to us.

Mummy growled. "Leave!"

They just laughed not saying a word and shifted into ugly patchy grey wolves. They were drooling and looking us up and down circling. I don't want to die and they look like they want to eat us for dinner.

"Mummy?" I cried tears now streaming down my face.

Mummy suddenly shifted growling and snapping at them. She didn't leave my side as I held onto her soft fur tight. Mummy tried to howl for help but the big scary wolf tackled her suddenly knocking into me. I fell to the floor hurting my head. I tried to get up, tried to scream but everything stared to go black. I need to help mummy.

Mummy needs me!

"Alexa." Aden called standing right in front of me worried written all over his face.

A single tear rolled down my face and he knew what I knew without even having to say anything. He pulled me to him holding me so tight like he was never going to let go and for this moment I didn't want him to. My whole world felt right and now it's falling apart faster than I could rebuild it.

My body was shaking with fear and memories I don't want to relive. I thought they were gone forever. I thought they were dead. "A-Aden..." I cried fear taking control of my voice.

"Alexandria, I promise you that I will not let those disgusting creatures near you." Aden voice rumbled with anger that I knew was not directed at me. It did sooth me a little but not enough to make the uncontrollable terror in me disappear.

I heard the door open but feeling Aden not tense so I knew it was someone he was expecting. I could smell Lion, Ryan and Nolan. Aden must have mind linked Lion and Ryan to get Nolan.

"Up the security we have Rouges!" Aden barked out.

"Rouges?" Nolan's questioned concerned. "Not any regular rouges I'm guessing."

I felt Aden throw something and I could hear Nolan swear under his breath. Aden barked more orders at them before they left leaving us in silence once more. I knew Aden wanted to search for the rouges to rip them apart but I didn't want him to leave. Not until I know they aren't on the property.

Aden stayed holding me all day in our room as people came and went while he barked orders at them. I didn't want to leave him as much as he didn't want to leave me.

---

Well um I don't know what to say...

What a crazy few years it's been I hope everyone is well now. I really want to finish this book and hope to God the next chapter doesn't take as long as this one took.

Also this and the next chapters will have plot holes because rereading what I have written in the first couple of chapters...well lets just say I have grown as a person and those chapters are a little childish. I have the plot in my head and some plot points weren't made properly at the start of the book. I won't be fixing the chapters tho not until I finish this book.

Just know that I know that there are plot holes and they will be fixed when I'm done.

Also my new wattpad name is changed from kikibuscus2259 to itskikisaurus :)

-Kiki