Chapter 19 - Lost in Aden's Sweet Waffle Taste

Start from the beginning

Aden swiftly took my hand into his taking a step forward so we were closer again. "Little mouse you did nothing wrong I'm just glad your wolf has finally made up her mind about me." He brings my hands up to his lips and leaves a soft sweet kiss on my knuckles.

"You don't hate me?" I couldn't help my irrational anxious self-doubtful thoughts.

"No little mouse I don't hate you. Love on the other hand I might have." My eyes wide by his words wondering if I heard him right but he continues. "Yes, love might be too soon but love it is. I love you, Alexandria."

Leaning in he left me speechless with a soft peck on the lips. Sparks lit up my body with excitement and butterflies in my belly from the love I saw in his eyes. I couldn't help but smile up at him with dreams coming true. I finally for once felt like I was worth loving by this handsome, kind and strong man.

I felt safe.

Pulling me into his arms I rested my head on his chest as he laid his chin on the top of my head. I could hear the rumble of his chest as he spoke. "You don't have to love me completely yet but just know I'll be here for you from now on until forever."

Yes, I wanted to scream 'I love you too' but I wasn't just there yet and I love that he cares that I'm not there yet. I can't jump in the deep end of the pool after just learning how to paddle. One step at a time and we'll be stronger for it.

"I guess this means we got to call the Elders to come earlier so I can kiss you without worrying that my wolf will bite you." I joked trying to show Aden I myself was finally ready to commit to him. "Never really thought my wolf would be this thirsty tho."

"She even surprised my wolf but I'm sure he's not complaining." He chuckles pulling away.

No longer in his arms I felt cold and distant once again but I can't attach myself to Aden 24/7 I need to remain strong until the bonding ceremony. Taking a breath, I look around remembering why we even ended up kissing in the first place.

Whimpering I apologise again to Aden. "I'm sorry again about the photos. I promise I was going to tell you about them but after finding out it was Juliet who was leaving them for me to find I didn't want to bother you with her petty jealousy."

Aden leaned down picking up the photo's one by one exami0ning them. "There are quite a few of them how long was she doing this for?"

"Not too long just one a day for about 3 weeks I think." I shrugged not to bothered by the photos of me. "There just photos of me around the pack house. I guess she just wanted to give me a message that she was always watching me."

Aden's eyebrows rose with concern and question. "Are you sure this is only Juliet's doing?"

Confused I confirm. "She's the only one I smelt on the photos and I know my smells. Hyper vigilantes' due to trauma kinda does that to a person."

"Well, that doesn't make sense since these are polaroids and Juliet was with Ryan when this particular photo was shot." He pointed at the second photo ever given to me which was the one of us in the garden. "I made sure Ryan was with Juliet that day so she wouldn't try to wreak our first date."

My heart skipped a beat in fear as all the blood in my face drained. "What?"

This means she isn't the only one watching me and now knowing that new fact my whole past few weeks felt a little scarier. Anyone could have hurt me or even taken me again. Maybe Juliet had her lackies do it? But wouldn't I have smelt them on that photo?

"Alexa I could be wrong I would have to ask Ryan so don't worry too much." Aden tried to reassure me but I could hear the doubt in his voice. "So, all up there should be about 21 photos?"