Chapter 5

I was in my hostel making dinner when my phone started ringing. I looked at the phone and it was Dad. Why the hell was he calling? Surely he must be trying to gain sympathy because Mum wouldn't allow him sell the car. I wondered what made him think of that. I left the phone on my bed and went on cooking not before putting my phone on silent. I was least interested in what he had to say. My roommates always had good and some silly things to say about their parents but what could I say? That my Father beat my Mum occasionally? I made up stories and prayed to God that Dad's activities wouldn't mess with my brain. I saw it some where that if a girl's father wasn't good to her, she would end up being attracting to an older Man. It then occurred to me! Dad was the reason I was attracted to Niklaus. Ugh! 😥😥😤😤 I prayed again to God to take control of what I felt for Niklaus. I was still waiting for his message on Instagram.

   I met Nike when I was on my way to my hostel. Her class had just ended and she was actually on her way to come see me. She seemed to be glowing.
  "You would not believe what happened to me today." Her eyes were beaming.
"What happened? Did you see Apple?" I was estatic. I wanted to know too.
"It's only Apple you're concerned about. It's not about Apple joor. I was on my way to class today when I came across Stefan."
  Stefan? That was Nike's Course-mate and her new crush. Although she refused to admit that she liked him when all her friends told her he was always staring at her in class.😂 Here we go.
"So I was just walking to class when I felt a presence at my back. I turned around and saw Stefan. He walked beside me as we talked. He told me his favourite bank, food amongst other things. I was flattered when he offered his hand to me when I wanted to cross over water on the road. There was even one time he put his hands on my side and ushered me to one side of the road. His exact words were 'I wouldn't be able to protect you if you were on that side.' 😂😂😍😍😘 I felt on top of the world and to make it worse we entered class together and as usual my friends were imagining things. I'm so happy." Nike had been talking on and on. But I could see that she was happy.
"Lucky you. I'm still hung up on waiting for Niklaus to message me and Apple is no where to be seen. Why is this happening to me God?" I was lamenting but Nike had another perspective to this.
"At least Niklaus sent a DM to you. Just tell it to God in your secret place. God will do it. I told God about Stefan in my secret place yesterday and look what happened." I did have faith but nothing could change my mind now. I would have to tell God in my secret place.

   What do you all suggest Abike do to know if Niklaus is the right one? I'd love to know. Please comment and let me read your views. Thanks.😂

  I watched a lot of movies over the weekend in school and God knows Niklaus was off my mind. I didn't regard him as much as before. I had a test on a Saturday and I had the opportunity to see Apple. He wore a light blue T-shirt with blue jean trousers and slippers. He put on a blue face cap and the colour combo of his matched mine. I also wore a blue Shirt, a black Skirt and blue shoes. Whilist waiting in line for my turn to do the Computer based test (CBT), I noticed that Apple wore a gold necklace and an earring. Hmmn. Mum came to see Anike and I the afternoon of that day and I was estatic to see her. Mum was dressed in a pink floral top with a black Skirt and black heels. Her hair was parted at the side and she looked gorgeous.
"I've missed you Mum." I said as I hugged her. She hugs Anike and I while she gives us each a peck.
"I've missed my babies too." Anike peered at Mum suspiciously.
"Mum why are you dressed so fine?" She crossed her arms as she asked.
"Abike told me especially to dress nice. We wouldn't want to give people the wrong idea do we?" Mum said and winked at me.
"I can't wait to be back home with you Mum."
"Same here my lovely children."
We all spent the rest of the day gisting after Mum got some foodstuffs for us.

  I received a call from Mum the next day. "Hello Mummy."
"Hi dear. I have news Abike." I was unable to dicipher her tone.
"What is it Mum? Are you okay?"
"I am okay no need to worry. I'm pregnant."
"You're what?" What the heck did I hear? Was I dreaming?
  "I thought you'd be happy Abike. It's like a dream come true for me." I was lost from the moment I heard she was pregnant.
"Congratulations Mum. I'll call you later Mum."
"Okay dear. Love you."
"Love you too Mum." Wait how did Mum get pregnant? What am I even asking? Did Dad and Mum reconcile?
What the heck was going on? Someone should wake me up from this nightmare!
  "Dorcas. Dorcas!" Who could be calling me now?
"Yes." I opened my eyes to see Ope, one of my roomates.
   "You seemed to be struggling in your sleep. Are you okay?" She put her hands on my forehead.
I realised then that I had been dreaming. My singlet was wet with sweat already. "I'm okay. Thanks."
"You had better be. Good night."
"Good night." I watched her trod off to her bunk and sleep before I sighed. What a relief! I wondered what the dream could mean while I prayed again that night.