10

The monster was finally out. Screaming in joy. Howling as it clashed against Lisa. Trading frantic swipes with precise bites. Absorbing gashes across my face with controlled strikes. The monster wrapped itself around my limbs. Supporting my muscles and bones and making them move.

But I gave the orders. I sent the signals. Directed where to hit. When to doge. What blow I could take and how to counter it. I am still in control.

I felt a twinge of pity for her as she frantically squirmed out of my grip and tackled me back to the ground. My back cracked against a bed of rocks. I clamped down on my teeth as the monster pulled me back up to my feet. Letting the moonlight soak my black bloodstained fur. My fangs glowing against the light. The muscles in my arms spasmed to keep control of themselves. My claws had blood dripping off them. The ends of my fingers felt like they were dunked in thunder. Buzzing with a heavy numbness.

Lisa was hunched over. Keeping her chest to the ground. Huffing as she wiped off blood dripping off her fur. The steel-blue eyes glared through the cloud of fresh instincts. Becoming clearer as each heavy second went by. Her arms and legs tensed as they dug into the ground. Shaking underneath her weight.

Well?

I threw my head back and a howl erupted from my throat. The sound cracked the sky, fresh embers burned my lungs as everything ignited. My heart racing frantically. Blood roaring in my ears.

Let's end this.

Lisa launched herself towards me. Her arms stretched out and open. First mistake. I jumped the side and slammed my claws down on her back. A yelp came out of her mouth as she crumpled to the ground. Lisa tried to roll over and fling her claws at my throat. Still showing some clarity in her eyes.

Second mistake. The monster shot my hands around her wrist and smiled. In a swift twist, a soft snap went off and her arm went limp. Lisa roared in pain as she jammed her free hand to my ribs.

The sharp digging of her claws only made the monster grip her arm tighter. I wanted to scream. To release some of that pain. But not now. Not in front of her. Orr her brother. I will absorb this. I will show them, what a "real" werewolf looks like.

"Is...that...all?" I asked, forcing out the words out of my jaw. The words getting tangled on my tongue and fangs. Becoming rough as they fell out. But clear. With hatred. And false strength.

Lisa's eyes widen in fear. Humanity poking out through her fur-covered face. Freezing for a moment as the monster and I shared one voice. The voice of a bloodthirsty creature.

I pulled on the broken arm of Lisa and threw her behind me. Watching a mass of blood and fur crashed into trees, breaking them down as she rolled away. The numbness in my hands spread to my shoulders. The sickening iron taste and smell of blood coated my skin and teeth. Curling my stomach as the rancid smell baked inside my mouth. The fumes leaked into my brain, stirring the ghosts from their coffins. The sounds of them roaring filled the back of my ears.

I gritted my teeth and turned around to face Grant and Adam. The two of them were in a brawl. Grant launching punch after punch on a turtled Adam. Using the back end of his knife to hit him on the temple. Adam was doing his best to fight back. Getting small nicks from the knife on his forearms as he shielded his face. He ducked when Grant went for a big swing with his knife. Adam taking the opening, tackled him and swatted the knife out of Grant's hand. Adam started pummeling his fist into Grant's face letting each blow hit with a loud thud.

Before I could walk over to them something clamped on my leg. A stinging wave of pain went through my back. I let out a stiff yell and turned around to see Lisa biting my left leg. Her legs looked crumpled and twisted from landing into the trees. The dirt showed the path she dragged herself over. A jagged line made by one good arm and a broken arm.