7 | everything is (not) fine

Start from the beginning

"They're coming back, so we don't have much time to talk," Deaton said as he prepared disinfectant for Meilani's wound. A wound that Lord only knew how long it'd take to heal.

Meilani stumbled back a step at the sight of Deaton putting rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. "You're gonna put that on my wound?"

Deaton blinked at her and gestured to the large gash across Meilani's side. "Do you want it to get infected?" When Meilani shook her head, he dabbed the cotton ball along the gash earning a hiss from the wolf girl. "It'll heal the same, but not as quickly because of Derek."

"Okay, how do you know all this? Actually, how do you know anything?"

Deaton placed a gauze over the wound and taped it to Meilani's skin with medical tape so it'd stay there. "It's a long story. What I can tell you is that I know about your kind. Your kind... I can help." He glanced over his shoulder to the man on the examination table that had long scratches down his chest. "This - this is something different."

"Wha - well... do you know what did it?" Meilani asked.

"No, but the Argents will. This is the crucial part: they'll have some kind of record, or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations of all the things they've discovered."