Part 1

'Oye Oye.', Shweta looks distressed as she rushes around, ordering the decorators, preparing frantically.

Prakash sneaks up on her.
'Shweta, calm down. Sab ho jayge.'

'Khanna Sab. How can I calm down?'
She smiles.
'Today my Tillu is coming back. Everything has to be perfect. Dekho Dekho!'
She points to the kitchen.
'Bebe is preparing all his favourite food. Bhot miss kiya humne.'
Both smile and Shweta continues with her work.
__________

Later that day, everyone sits in the drawing room, waiting. The mansion has been adorned with balloons and flowers, with a huge Welcome Home Neil banner plastered to the wall.

'Vo kab ayega Bebe?' Riya asks impatiently.

'Have some patience. He'll be here soon' Bebe smiles.

Riya looks down at the small pendant chain around her neck. She holds it and smiles, recalling her and Neil's inseparable childhood, and the friendship necklace he gave her when they were 10.

Suddenly, Shweta shrieks.

'He's here! Tillu is here!'

They all rush in excitement and open the doors, to see Neil's chauffeur driven car, parked in front. They wait admiringly.

Neil steps out, with his polished, black, leather shoes, wearing a navy suit, and white shirt. He closes the door, and stands tall, taking off his sunglasses, though his face is neutral, lacking positive emotion.

The Khanna family smile at him, and Shweta begins to walk towards him, but stops in her tracks, as she sees Avni.

Avni steps out of the car and closes the door, wearing a red, lace saree, with a long sleeve blouse. Neil looks at her from the other side, and she meets his gaze, but sadly. They both face forwards a confused Khanna family.

'Neil...' Shweta mutters, confused.

Avni and Neil walk towards the front of the car. Neil holds her hand, whilst Avni looks on. Prakash comes forwards and stands in front of them.

'Neil. Yeh khon hai?', Prakash asks him, slowly.

'Dad. This is Avni. My wife.'

Everyone stares in disbelief. Shweta and Bebe start to cry in shock, whilst Riya also remains shocked.

'Neil! Tune shaadi karliya?', asks a panicked Shweta.

'How could you do this to us? Bina puche, bina bataye, shaadi karliya?' Bebe says, through tears.

'Bebe. Mom. Me aap logo ko hurt nai karna jate. This is my wife. I thought you would be happy.'

Shweta looks at Avni angrily.

'You thought we would be happy? Tillu, you've been gone for 5 years, we've been through so much without you, waiting for you to come back and you just decided to get married without telling us. We know nothing about this stupid girl.' Shweta points at Avni.

'Baas mom. Tameez se baat karo. Meri wife hai ye.' Neil says, angrily.

Shweta looks shocked.

'Neil! Don't talk to your mother like that.' Bebe shouts.

'Aaj tune prove kiya. You don't care about us. My beta would not do this.'

Shweta walks back into the house. Bebe looks sternly at Neil and follows her in.

Neil sees Riya, and suddenly remembers.

Flashback.

Neil is about to leave for training. Riya is crying and clings onto him.

'Neil. Maat jao.' she says quietly.

'Riya mujhe janna hai. This is my dream.'

He cups her face.

'I promise. When I come back. Me tujse shaadi karoge ha?'

Riya chuckles.

'Paagal hai tu.' she replies, but hugs him with hope.

Flashback ends.

'Riya...'

Riya leaves crying.
Meanwhile Avni has been watching this unfold, sadly.

Prakash looks at Neil holding Avni's hand.

'Neil.'

__________

End of Part 1