The Girl of a Single Day

Hey everyone :)

I wrote this for my French class but this one is the English version of it. I will also be putting up the French version for anyone who will want to read it, but I have to warn you that the one in English, I added on to it therefore, there is more to the story than the French one and there is even a different title.

Anyways, enjoy my story and please let me know what you think of it.

Vote, comment and become a fan please!

Dare :)

Copyright © 2010 by xDareToCarex All Rights Reserved

~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~

The Girl of a Single Day

It was a cold day and the weather didn't reflect Arnicca Toppan's attitude. There was one good reason why she was like this. Arnicca was and never will be a normal teenage girl. She was placed in adoption because her family was one of the little amounts of families in poverty. Arnicca was lucky when she was adopted rapidly by a very nice couple. She would miss her parents terribly because she was moving, with her new parents to South Carolina. When her adoptive parents picked her up from her now old house, all three of them drove together to an airport and boarded the plane. When the plane landed in South Carolina, it was 6:14 in the morning.

"Donovan and I have arranged to have you transferred to a new school, which is only a ten minute walk. So, you must be ready in two hours." stated Arnicca's new mom, Joaline Curien. Arnicca simply nodded her head and left to go to her new room in her new house with her new parents.

Shortly after she finished changing, she descended the stairs and she headed towards the kitchen to make herself a lunch for the first day of school. Arniccawasn'thappy to make friends because they wouldn't accept her. With a loud and heavy sigh, she completed putting together her lunch and placed it in her back pack. Arnicca shrugged on a thin winter jacket on her back because she found the weather wasn't as cold compared to where she lived before. She put her back pack on and she faced the door before she decided to leave the house a while later. As she opened the front door, a strong wind pushed Arnicca to the side.

"Oh my Goodness! This wind is atrocious." she proclaimed to no one in particular. Once again, Arnicca faced the front door and is able to get out of the house without being pushed back again. Afterwards, Arnicca started in the direction of her new school. During this time, she recognised the weakness of her body; she fell to the ground and tried to recuperate. In moments like these, she wished she had a cell phone to contact an ambulance or her new parents. Her chest tightened and her breathing became laboured.

Marc-Alexander saw a young girl on her hands and knees, shaking, and he went and helped her, even if she didn't desire being helped.

"Excuse me miss, are you alright?" Arnicca looked up and as soon as she saw a boy of about her age, she was suddenly fascinated by the sidewalk, and also hoping that he didn't notice how sick she appeared.

"Uh... Yes, I am fine." he knelt beside Arnicca and inclined her head, therefore he was able to see her eyes and to judge if she was lying or not.

"It's terribly funny because to me, you don't seem to be well. Would you like me to help you to your house?" he asked Arnicca.

"No, no. It isn't necessary, but by any chance would you have a cell phone on you that I may borrow for a minute?" she questioned him. Marc-Alex took out his cell phone from his pocket and handed it to Arnicca.

"Thank you... Uh, your name?" she trailed of and she let him answer her.

"Oh, my name's Marc-Alexander McNile and yours?" he enquired.

"My name is Arnicca Toppan. Thank you, Marc-Alexander." They shared a small smile while Arnicca dialled a number on the cell phone.

"I don't want to be prying but, may I ask whom you are calling?" he questioned curiously.

"I'm calling myself an ambulance." she answered honestly.

"But... Why?" Marc-Alexander stuttered and looked confused.

"I uh... I have leukemia and I refused treatment two years ago, so the disease is attacking my body, harder than before and my body's not strong enough to fight it anymore." Arnicca said as fast as she could so the shock would wear off quicker.

"But this can't happen, I only just met you. I want to get to know you." He answered her hesitantly.

"I can only imagine that you are a wonderful guy, Marc, but I can't stop this disease from spreading. It really is too late to try and help me now. My parents have tried everything that was available."

In the distance, they heard the sirens that belonged to the ambulance. Marc-Alexander helped Arnicca to stand up softly not to hurt her. As the paramedics came, she can scarcely keep her eyes open. "Come on, Arnicca. Keep your eyes open. Please, Arnicca, don't go just yet." he begged Arnicca with a single tear escaping its confines.

During her last minute, Arnicca says to Marc-Alexander "I'm going to wait for you when it's your time to go. I will never forget your kindness and I hope that you will not lose your place in the world. You are truly and extraordinary man, Marc-Alexander McNile."

Throughout this moment, he was crying and didn't care who knew. He would really miss Arnicca Toppan, but he knew she would be in a better place.

"Good bye, my angel. I will miss you." Marc-Alexander declared to Arnicca. With the words said, Arnicca past away with a smile on her lifeless face.

~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~

Vote, comment and become a fan please!

Dare :)

Copyright © 2010 by xDareToCarex All Rights Reserved