Chapter 1- New 'friends'

Anti-Hero- Sekai no Owari

I wake up to a large duffle bag being thrown on my face. "Mffffphamnaph." A giggle erupts from the end of my bed. "Come on y/n, I'm just following Clause's orders." I shove the bag off of my face and sit up in bed. "I already have my things packed, what's this for?" Vixen (Fox Animagus), sits on the corner of my bed, tying her hair into a tight ponytail. "Its for your school robes. We may have had some of the books you needed but robes is a whole other thing."

She leaves the room, allowing me to get dressed in my usual attire. Black. I put on some boots before levitating my other belongings with me and out the door. Duffle bag in hand, I meet Clause and Vixen in the hallway. Clause gives me a tight hug. "I knew it was going to be worth it when I picked you off those streets." He lets me go, patting my shoulder. "You send me letters okay? Even if you cant get anything I want you to enjoy as many free things." He looks as if he is going to cry. "Are you...?" Clause wipes his face. "No. Vixen will be shopping with you and bringing you to the station." I watch him sulk down the hallway, turning to look at me one last time before waving goodbye. "Right, let's go Pads." Nodding, I levitate my things with me, my 'family' all giving me nods and smiles as I leave.

~~◇~~

I take a deep breath when I run through the wall. Behind it, was a large, new looking train, steam flowing out from it. Someone takes my things from me, placing it in a compartment on the train. Taking it as my cue to hop aboard, I jump onto a step on the side of the train and throw myself in. It was narrow, with students bustling around inside. I've never been on a train before so I just watch everyone else. They seemed to be going into little doors on the side of the hallways. Trying my best to fit in, I find an empty room and sit down. It was stuffy. Stuffy in the way it made you're nose itch. My senses were buzzing with my surroundings. So many people excited for the year. I find myself getting lost in thought, starting to glance out the window on my side.

After a few minutes I am immediately brought out of my trance when the train starts to move. I started to panic when it did, it felt weird to be moving without actually, well... moving. I let my hands grip onto the bottom of the seat and tense up, looking straight ahead of me. "Yes, this is totally blending in." I say outloud, if I acted like this the whole time it would be so obvious I didn't belong. "Come on snap out of it! You cant let anyone see you like this!" I mutter angrily to myself. I was glad I was doing this now, before I could make a fool out of myself in front of actual students. I start to repeatedly mentally slap myself, getting my head into the game. "Ahem."

A dark haired boy, seemingly the same age as me is staring down at his book. Oh. My. Merlin. "How'd you get in here?" I ask, my voice starting to crack as I tried to keep it strong and cold. "You left the door unlocked." He states, keeping his eyes glued to the book in front of him. "If you keep up what you're doing I'm sure you will have a harder time trying to fit in." Only glancing up at me, stone cold glare worse then my own. I only cough nervously and look out the window again. How much longer???

~~◇~~

"I'm glad you came." Albus states, greeting me as I exit the train. "I'm sure you know plenty the school already?" We begin to walk to some boats that bring us to the castle. Just as we reach a boat he stops. "You will not be needing to enter the Great Hall until the feast is ready. I ask you to stand outside in the corridor, from there Mcgonagall will quickly sort you into a house." I nod and hop into the boat, slowly drifting to the castle.

Once inside I did as instructed and did not enter the Hall. Of course it earned a few, if not many, glances from other students, which I gladly ignored. "You must be Pads." Once there weren't any students left in the hall, a tall woman in a pointy witch hat stands in front of me. "Pleasure to meet you. Let's get this over with, shall we?" Bringing a hat out from behind her, I allow her to place it on my head, the hat springing to life. "Slytherin!" It announces, the hat's voice echoing through the empty halls. With a flick of her wand Mcgonagall changes my tie to green and snatches the hat off of my head. "Sit with the other Slytherins." Quickly, she goes to separate hallway which I believe leads to the hall.

I do not follow her, nor do I listen to her instructions. I do as I please! Scoffing, I begin to wander the halls, learning my surroundings. The school was incredibly large, knowing I would get lost I quickly retraced my steps, making my way back to the hall. "Perhaps this is only the best for now." I mutter under my breath, sneaking into the Hall, looking around.

The Hall was indeed grand, the ceiling was tall and the room was long. It was split into 5 different long tables, one at the front of the Hall for teachers, the rest for the houses. I let my eyes wander before finding a table of green, I quickly make my way to the end of the table, sitting down and grabbing food. I hadn't eaten in some time and I was extremely hungry. "Are you new here or something?" A masculine voice asks from in front of me. Flicking my eyes up I meet the voice, a blond boy with his hair tied back. "If you didn't get it, 8 years sit here." I finish my food, flashing him an uncaring look. "Does it look like I care? I'm hungry." I would normally expect the person who I spoke to, to get angry or upset in any way. This guy didn't, he suprised me with a smile. "Why the hell are you smiling?" I growl, getting him to smile even wider. "I like you, unlike everyone else here you have quite the bite." I scoff at his statement, but can't help but smirk. He chuckles and we continue to eat.

"So you must be new here. A transfer?" The meal had ended and everyone was sent back to the dorms. This boy from before was following me. "You could say I'm a transfer." I state, rolling my eyes. A girl quickly jogs towards us, her dark hair swinging in the ponytail. She stops next to the boy, whispering something in his ear before giving me a worried look and jogging away again. He raises a brow. "Call me Leo." Forcefully, he grabs my hand and shakes it. "What did that girl say?" I ask, scowling and slapping his hand away. He smirks. "You're not just some transfer." Rumors were already spreading then. "It might be best you stay around me." We arrive at the door to the common room.

I couldn't know for sure she was telling everyone of where I came from. For all I know she could be saying something good. Once we step into the common room a cold breeze hits me in the face. "Ahhh home sweet home." Leo announces from behind me, placing both his arms behind him. "Wheres the girl sleeping rooms?" I ask tensely. "Bed already? You just arrived." Leo looks dissatisfied, letting his arms fall. Yet he points me in the direction.

Once I make it to the girls sleeping rooms I notice someone standing in front of it, guarding it almost. I recognized her as the girl from before. "Hey." She spits, forcibly trying to be nice. "I'm one of the Slytherin prefects. We've been alerted that you are a special student." She starts to circle me, a newbie move of intimidation. She stops behind me, putting her left hand on my right shoulder. She points to a door farther down the corridor. "That's you're room." With that, she gives me a little shove towards the door. What a bitch. I look at the door, it had a silver knob unlike the others and a piece of tapestry work on it. When I turned the knob it made a small squeaking noise.

The room was a fair size, a queen size bed in the middle, a dresser and closet along the walls and two paintings on either side of the bed. My things were already there, ready for me to unpack. I shuffle towards the bed, pulling its curtains away. Placed on the bed was a letter.

________________

Pads,

Welcome to the school! Inclosed with this letter will be you're planner. You may notice that the 1st and 2nd class spots are blank, here you will be spending one on one time with myself and Mr Filch. Mr Filch is our current caretaker, he will need you're help for duties around the school at least twice a week. You're potions and dark arts teachers have set you up with a tutor. I am allowing you the first two classes off tomorrow, please know that you're other classes will not do the same.

I hope you enjoy your time here and learn the qualifications needed for a well paying job. I know no matter what you will leave an impact on this school.

-Albus Dumbledore
______________