"They're okay; hiding." I told them.

Tristan nodded. "But aren't dreams fake?"

"I was dream-walking." His nose was scrunched in confusion so I explained it further to him. "Basically, I invaded mum and dad's dream."

"Ew! They share dreams?" Hadleigh squealed.

I laughed as she continued while frowning. "That's disgusting. God knows what they have been doing in those."

"Leigh, no! When you put it like that, it makes it seem worse than it actually is!" I exclaimed while hitting our sister playfully.

Tristan joined me as she tried to duck our oncoming hits while laughing slightly and running around the bed from my right to my left. I rolled my eyes when I realised that we had gone way off track. "Anyway, do you want to hear about dad and mum or not?"

Their eyes shot to me and they immediately calmed down. They settled themselves next to me and let me explain. "Okay, so dad and mum are both hiding until the Blood Moon approaches."

"When is that?" Tristan asked.

"How long was I out?" I asked them back.

"Two weeks."

I whistled softly, digesting that piece of information. What could have possibly happen to Darius in those 14 days that made him seem like a whole different person altogether? I shook my head out of that thoughts and faced my siblings once again.

I gasped at the sudden realisation. "It's next week."

-

-

-

When Darius entered the room after his talk with Franco with a serious expression on his face, I knew something was up. "We're going to war, aren't we?"

His head snapped up towards me as he stared at me in confusion. "Yes. How did you know?"

I shrugged, -the hospital clothes that were too huge for my size sliding off my shoulders a bit and I readjusted them- before replying to him. "Women's intuition."

He sighed as he took a seat beside my bed. He ran a hand through his hair. His muscles looked tense so I told him to take a seat on the edge of my bed. He looked at me, confused, but still complied with my request.

I lifted my arms to his massive shoulders and started to gently massage the tension away. "Feeling better?"

His whole body posture immediately relaxed and he sighed in delight. "Much better, thank you. You're really good at this."

I smiled at the compliment. Was this how it felt like to spend time with your mate and actually enjoying it? "So we are going to attack Blood Moon, right?"

I saw him nod as he removed my hands from his shoulder and turned to face me. He lifted one finger and ran it along my cheek, caressed it softly before dropping it. Just that slight contact left some small sparks in its wake. "Yes, that boy who attacked you had the Blood Moon mark. Renaldo made the wrong move when he decided to hurt you."

I threw him a soft smile. He was still hung up about the attack. "Hey, I'm fine."

He shook his head. "Did you know that you almost died because I was too selfish to let Doctor Thompson treat you? You lost so much blood and your heart stopped beating for 10 seconds. I almost lost you." He held my face in his large, warm hands and he looked at me with so much emotion that it almost willed me to tears.

"You were just possessive. All Alpha males are like that, don't blame yourself." I held his hands in my smaller ones as I said so. "Besides, I'm alright now."