One

Chapter is dedicated to : Apollyon- for the beautiful cover above!

"Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain.

Kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain.

Cause I see sparks fly, whenever you smile."

- Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift.

One

      I awoke to the faint beeping sounds of a machine beside me with absolutely no recollections of what had happened the day before, or at least, what I thought was the day before.

I looked up, half-expecting to see the familiar pale pink ceiling decorated with glow-in-the-dark stars but was left feeling confused when all I saw was a plain, white ceiling staring right back at me.

Wait a second, my room doesn't look like this.

My eyes wandered to the oxygen mask that was covering my mouth and my confusion increased further.

Oh, God. What have I done this time?

I felt a strange tug on my left arm as I tried to move it and reached over with my right arm to pull it off.

"Hey, easy there." a voice startled me.

All of a sudden, everything came to me at once. The fire, my mum, my siblings, the accident and lastly, the pair of blue eyes that seemed to stare right into the depths of my soul.

That pair of eyes gave me that "Look into my eyes" vibe. You know, like the one in Ghost Rider but the rest of his face, however, was blank from my memory.

Where the heck am I?

My breaths got shorter and I was struggling to breathe, even with the help of the oxygen mask.

"Breathe slowly. I'm not here to harm you." the owner of the voice came into my line of sight. She was a woman who looked older than me. Judging by her choice of attire, which consisted of a lab coat draped over a white blouse and a stethoscope slung around her neck, she was most probably a doctor.

I took a deep breath slowly and started to breathe normally again. I swore I saw flashes of relief in her eyes. "I'm Doctor Thompson. Now I'm going to remove the oxygen mask, alright?" she asked slowly.

Without waiting for a reply, (like I could, anyway) she reached over and pulled the mask off my face. My vision got better and I had a clearer picture of the said doctor.

"What's your name?" she asked as she switched on a mini torchlight and flashed it quickly into my right eye and then did the same to my left.

"H-Hazlynn Pierce." my voice came out as a rasp. My lips were chapped and my tongue darted out to try to moisturise them. I wanted nothing more than a glass of water at this point.

"Oh, right!" she exclaimed suddenly. She went away for a short while and reappeared beside me holding a glass of water. "Here you go."

She watched as I wet my lips first before gulping the water down in seconds. I sighed in relief at the pleasure of my thirst being quenched. My eyes flickered to the room I was in, and I noticed that we were alone in the very hospital-looking room.