7 - Date

A knock sounded on my dorm room door. I rolled out of bed and pulled the door open, finding Carlos on the other side.

"I was thinking we could go out today?" Carlos asked nervously.

"Sure, let me put some shoes on." I smiled, grabbing a pair of blue converse. As I tied them up, he glanced over at my side of the dorm, noticing it was darker than Lonnie's side.

"Yeah, Lonnie and I are like polar opposites." I smiled, standing up. "I tried to get her to get black out curtains like I have, but she says that would only feed into my sleep addiction."

"Ah, I see." Carlos laughed. "Let's go."

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked, closing my door as we left.

"I was thinking picnic, but Ben and Mal are already doing that." Carlos said, taking my hand in his. "So, we're going to go for a walk in the forest."

"Sounds lovely." I smiled. As we walked, I studied his face. He had a nervous look in his eyes as we traveled deeper into the forest. I was going to question him when I heard a familiar voice.

"It's so warm here, I might not go back home." I let go of Carlos's hand and ran to the spot I heard the voice, nearly crying as I saw the little snowman.

"Olaf!" I yelled, tackling the snowman to the ground before I hugged him.

"Hello, Ozzy." The snowman greeted with a happy giggle. "Just wait until your mom hears about you having a boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend, yet." I commented, smiling wide as I stood up. "I can't believe you're here."

"Like your surprise?" Carlos asked, finally catching up with me.

"Like it?" I asked, pulling him into a hug. "I love it. How did you even-"

"Ben helped me." He admitted, hugging me back.

"Can you make it snow some more?" Olaf asked. "I melt a little every time I try to walk anywhere."

"Of course." I grinned, waving my hand above my head. A small cloud formed over the three of us, and snow started falling onto the forest floor.

"I missed you." Olaf stated, plopping into a snow pile.

"I missed you too." I breathed, sitting in the snow too. Carlos sat beside me, watching in amazement as snow fell.

"I've never seen snow before." Carlos said, catching a few snowflakes on his hands. I waved my hand again and it started snowing some more.

"Well, then." I beamed. "I guess we'll have to make a snowman the old fashioned way. Oh, and snow angels. And I could make you snow cones, we just need some syrups-"

I stopped talking as I looked at Carlos. He was looking at me with a look in his eyes I'd never seen before. A grin spread across his face and he nodded.

"Whatever you want." Carlos nodded. We spent the next few hours building a snowman, having a snowball fight, and laughing at Olaf's commentary. It felt like a little piece of home, and I was grateful for Carlos giving it to me.

"I have to go, but I'll see you at family day." Olaf said, standing up and looking at his snow angel. I followed suit and hugged the little snowman.

"Okay." I sighed. "Tell Sven I miss him."

"The blond Sven or the reindeer Sven?" Olaf asked. I laughed with tears in my eyes.

"Both of them." I sniffed. I knew I'd see him again soon, but I'd miss him either way. He smiled at me and nodded. I waved my hand and sent him back home, smiling as he went.

"You okay?" Carlos asked. I nodded and hugged him.

"I'm wonderful. Thank you so much for this." I said into his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and sighed softly.

"Tell me something you've never told anyone." Carlos said, starting the walk back to campus.

"I've only ever told Ben this, but my name isn't Ozzy." Carlos looked down at me confused.

"What's your real name then?" He asked, lacing his fingers through mine.

"My real name is Kai." I answered.

"How did you get Ozzy from Kai?" Carlos asked with a laugh.

"I didn't." I smiled. "Olaf did."

"A snowman named you Ozzy?" Carlos chuckled.

"Yeah. No one ever calls me Kai anyway," I nodded. "Unless I'm in trouble."

"Or when you're about to be asked a serious question." Carlos added.

"What?" I asked, confused. Carlos stopped me as we made it to the courtyard.

"This is where we first met, so I thought it would be the perfect place for a question like this." Carlos started, taking my hands in his. "Kai, will you make me the happiest VK in the world and be my girlfriend?"

"Only if you promise to never call me Kai ever again." I laughed, kissing his cheek softly.

"Deal." He beamed, taking my hand again.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, looking up at Carlos.

"Sure." He nodded.

"Your mom," I started. "Is she really as bad as they say she is?"

"She's worse." Carlos shuddered, squeezing my hand. "All she does is yell at me, and obsess over dalmations, and she has this stupid stuffed dog she used to scare me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." I apologized.

"No, it's okay." Carlos said, shaking his head. "You didn't upset me."

"Are you sure?" I asked as we stopped in front of my dorm.

"My life here in Auradon, away from my mother, is so much better than it was on the Isle." Carlos explained. His smile slowly faded and he let my hands go. "I have to go. I'll see you later."

Before I could respond, he was already out of the hallway. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, and headed into my dorm.