1 - Proclamation

I sat in one of Ben's comfortable armchairs, snickering as Lumiere poked Ben with a pin. Ben shot me a glare while Lumiere mumbled to himself, picking up another pin. I sent him a sarcastic smile and leaned back into the plush armchair.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month?" King Adam Beast asked, walking into Ben's room with Belle. "I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." Belle reminded, lightly slapping his stomach.

"It was either you or a teapot." Adam joked, earning an unamused look from Belle. "Kidding, I'm only kidding."

"Mom, dad..." Ben tried to step off the pedestal, making Lumiere tsk at him. Ben stepped back into his previous position and sighed. "I've chosen my first official proclamation."

"This ought to be good." I smirked, leaning forward in the armchair.

"I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon." Ben said. "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

"The children of our sworn enemies?" Adam all but roared. "Living among us?"

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most." Ben rushed, finally stepping down from the pedestal. "I've already chosen them."

"Have you?" Adam asked, looking over at me with a raised brow.

"He didn't tell me." I defended, raising my hands in surrender. He squinted his eyes at me, but turned to Belle when she leaned up to talk to him.

"I gave you a second chance." Belle said sternly. "Who are their parents?"

"Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen... and Maleficent." Ben said sheepishly. I groaned and put my face in my hands.

"Maleficent!" Adam boomed. Lumiere cowered at the sound of Maleficent's name and quickly left the room "She is the worst villain in the land!"

"Dad, just hear me out here!" Ben tried, reaching out to his father.

"I won't hear of it." Adam stated. "They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Ben asked. "Dad?"

Adam and Belle shared a look, and then Adam nodded.

"I suppose their children are innocent." Adam sighed.

"Well, well done." Belle smiled. "Shall we?"

Ben walked over and offered me a hand. I looked at it and scoffed.

"Maleficent?" I questioned quietly, standing up and following after Belle and Adam. "Seriously?"

"Her daughter is innocent." Ben said with an eye roll, looking out of his window at the Isle of the Lost. I rolled my eyes at his hopeful expression, leaving him to his thoughts.