Chapter XVIII

“Sir, our phones hasn’t stopped ringing since your statement came out.” Peter Chun, a representative from the YG Entertainment branch in the US was speaking with the CEO OF YGE in Korea. Worry laced his voice for he was friends with the artists, most especially, Chaerin. “Please advise us what to do.”

“Peter, I cannot say more. Chaerin and Seungri already said their piece and I have said mine based on what they revealed.”

“How are they? Is it as bad in Korea?”

“I think it is worse.” Yang Hyun Suk spoke with regret. “By the way, I have word that Jiyong is in New York. Have you told Dara? I was hoping you could delay their flight back.”

“Sorry, Sajangnim but I hadn’t reached them on time. I think Dara is on her way back home with Jiyong.”

The YG CEO faced the glass walls of his office and looked at the bright and sunny city of Seoul. It was a complete contrast to the storm clouds brewing over YGE. He rubbed his fingers against his temples.

“This will be a bigger problem.” He sighed onto the receiver. After ending the call, Hyun Suk dialed another number and walked out of his office towards his PR department.

“Get someone to find Sandara Park’s flight for me and as soon as you do, contact someone up there to tell Kwon Jiyong not to leave the aircraft without being told to do so!” 

Lee Seungri may have childish ways but when he was required to act like an adult, he won't come up short. He watched as Chaerin slept while he pondered on their situation. It was enough to not let him sleep a wink.

When morning came, Chaerin found him in the living room couch fast asleep. She also saw his laptop and looked at what he could be working on. Her heart ached as she browsed through the websites he was looking at before he probably fell asleep.

She went back to the room and got the comforter.

Seungri stirred as he felt warm and found Chaerin snuggled close to him. “Chae?” He spoke and she just smiled and gave him a peck on the lips.

“You haven’t slept.” She said and he nodded. “Let’s sleep all day.”

“Not a bad idea.” He said as he drew her closer to him, inhaling the fruity scent of her hair, her head cradled in his arm and his lips pressed to it.

She looked up at him and her fingers run over his stubbles. “I love you, Seung-rat!”

“I love you more, my Chae-cat!”