Arnie Grape - What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

You lived close to your friends house, Gilbert's, but didn't visit often since he was afraid that you would ask questions about his little brother or his mother

You lived close to your friends house, Gilbert's, but didn't visit often since he was afraid that you would ask questions about his little brother or his mother. Although you never went into the Grapes house you ended up meeting Arnie (Gilbert's younger brother). You spotted Arnie one day in the field near your house so you went over to talk to him. You knew that he was related to Gilbert so you didn't worry too much.
.
Present day:
You'd been secretly seeing Arnie for about 3 months now and you were thinking of telling Gilbert. But something came up.

"Y/N, can you get to the centre of town? It's kinda urgent, a lot of people are gathering and I'm not sure what's going on."

"Yeah sure Gilbert!"
You told the friend as you put your phone down and ran out to your bike.
.
As you started to enter town you noticed what Gilbert was talking about. A large crowd had formed around the local water tower. You saw Gilbert and dropped you bike near him.

"What's going on?" You asked him.

"It's um, it's my brother. Sorry I don't realise he was going to be here. We thought he'd stopped this months ago." He replied.

You suddenly panicked.
"Arnie?!"

"Yeah thats- wait? How did you know he was called Arnie?"

"Never mind! Arnie!"
Arnie was half way up the tower when he heard you.
"Y/N?"

"Arnie? Do you want to come down?" You asked looking up at him.
Arnie shook his head vigorously and looked back at his hands.

"If you climb down, I'll give you something special!"

"Really!?" His face changed to a genuine smile.

"Come on then!" You called up to him.
Arnie started to climb back down carefully whilst his brother stood their in amazement.
Once Arnie had reached the ground he ran over to you with a determined look.

"What is it Y/N?"
Smiling you held his shoulder and lightly kissed his cheek. Gilbert's face went pale and white. Arnie galloped into his brothers arms laughing and jumping about.

"Gilbert! Gilbert! Did you see that!?"

"Yes buddy I...did?"