Chapter Three

Belen realized that it was possible to feel alone in a room full of people.

This was exactly how she felt as she sat in a chair on the set of her new music video. People were running around on set trying to get things done but Belen just felt alone as she watched them. It was almost like she was invisible to them which was ironic because she was kind of the reason they were all there.

She sipped on her bubble tea as she watched her mother scream at a worker. Belen had given up on trying to defend people from her mother's actions a long time ago. It would usually just end up with Belen getting screamed at too so what was the point?

"So this is a big day on set," Melissa told the popstar. Belen barely looked up from her drink. "I can't believe Sebastian actually agreed to be in this music video. This is pretty exciting, huh?"

"I guess," Belen said, sounding really uncomfortable and Melissa looked at her in confusion.

"What's up? I thought you would be more excited about Sebastian Stan being in the music video," Melissa said, trying to figure out what was making Belen feel so sad. It wasn't unusual that Belen was in a sad mood. Her mom really seemed to bring that out of her.

"I guess I just feel a bit uncomfortable," Belen admitted, blushing as she avoided looking her friend directly in the eye. Melissa's confusion didn't go away.

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to have to make out with a stranger and I'm completely freaked out about it, Lissa," Belen finally blurted out, letting her friend know how awkward she felt about this music video. Melissa supposed she understood Belen's anxiety over the music video. Despite being one of the biggest popstars in the world right now, Belen was very shy. She definitely wasn't the kind of person that could sleep with a stranger much less kiss one. "I don't even know him. How am I supposed to just make out with him in front of everyone?"

"But you find him hot, right?" Melissa said as she tried to soothe her friend's worrying but Belen didn't seem comforted.

"I mean, he's good looking but I've never even met him before. I usually go on at least one date with a person before I kiss them," Belen said, still looking scared out of her mind. Belen wasn't a virgin or anything. She had a couple boyfriends in the past but she found that she was someone who had to be romanced a little before kissing or sex came into the conversation. "I'm not an actor, Lissa. I can't just kiss a random guy and be super casual about it."

"Okay so why don't you two hang out when he arrives on set," Melissa suggested, trying to find a way to calm Belen down. "You can get to know him a little so that way shooting any intimate scenes for the music video won't feel weird. He's probably a really nice guy and super professional too so I'm sure he'll be really cool about the whole thing."

"What if he hates me or something? What if he finds me repulsive?" Belen questioned, her eyes looking like they were about to pop out of her head. Melissa rolled her eyes.

"Honey, if he found you repulsive then he wouldn't have agreed to make out with you for a music video," Melissa told her, wondering how her friend could be so ridiculous even after all the fame that had come her way. It was kind of nice since that meant that Belen hadn't turned into a huge asshole and lost her innocence to Hollywood but it also made Melissa worried about her. Belen could be naïve sometimes and Melissa wondered if the young singer could make it out of Hollywood in one piece. Belen certainly didn't seem cut out for any of this and that scared Melissa.

"I guess you're right. I'll try not to think about it too much," Belen said reluctantly and Melissa gave her a small smile.

"Good. Now I'm going to go take care of some stuff with your mom but I'll be right back," Melissa promised her. "Sebastian should be here in a couple hours. I got a text from his agent who said he landed at LAX so the driver should drop him off at his hotel soon before bringing him here."