Chapter 10: Past and Present

Start from the beginning

“I think they did. He’s even weirdly happy” Jessica commented. Letting them know what she has observed while in the car.

“Weirdly happy?”

“Smiling endlessly” she cleared.

Some of the Super Junior members (Eunhyuk, Shindong, Siwon, Yesung) had all their mouths wide open when she said that. They exchanged glances at first then started going around places, fixing their bags and putting on shoes.

“Oh…w…why?” Taeyeon was confused by the sudden scene.

But they still continued acting weird and chaotic even exhausted. Kyuhyun laughs.

Yuri looks at him. “Can you tell us what’s happening?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Kyuhyun brings out his phone and takes a picture of them four. “Donghae hyung’s friend could be a girl.”

“A girl?...”

Though the clue was vague, the boys know Hae well and their manly instincts say so.

“Yep. They think he went on a date”

The girls laugh, even Jessica, in astonishment for their deduction. But as Jessica thinks about it more… Hae’s wide smile and jamming to Beautiful Day might really point out to that fact.

And then an image of him smiling about the bunny flashes back to her mind…

She smirks slightly.

Adorable kid huh, you liar.

“Boo!” someone tried to scare.

“What’s up?” GD says monotonously. He looked troubled and lifeless.

The girl pouted and moves her tall, slim, model-like figure next to him. She pulls out the cigar that’s been resting between his lips and throws it away.

“You know when you called I thought it was for something exciting and fun” she jokingly commented. "I even wore a dress for you"

GD softly chuckled and wore this very apologetic gaze at her. “I’m sorry”

Kiko rolls her eyes and smiled. She knows why he called her out, he needed her. “She still doesn’t pick up huh? You know I can talk to her…”

“And what are you going to say?”

“I’ll help explain things to her”

“I don’t think she’ll listen, she’s always been wary of our friendship and you… And now that her suspicions have been confirmed, explaining would be nonsense”

“Aren’t you doing the same thing? If she happens to answer, what will you tell her?”

“I’ll apologize maybe… Accept my faults…”

“What faults? Trying to move on is not an evil thing, Ji…” Kiko said. “Stop feeling like you’re the bad guy.”

Kiko’s words carry a strong blow. Indeed, all this time he has always been depicted to be the bad guy, for making Dara feel hurt and have a hard time.

His acting calm and strong makes it appear like he doesn’t care but in reality, things are actually twice as hard for him.

His pain plus his guilt; If there is one person in this room who hates to see Dara cry and sad, it’s him.

“You keep thinking of how she feels, and adjusts for her, if this goes on, both of you will get stuck on the same drama over and over.”

“What do you want me to do? Leave her be?”