:(

"I looked everywhere inside and he's not in there!" Sonic sobbed walking outside on his porch where Amy was looking around.

That morning when the blue boy woke up he noticed his pet was gone, he wasn't worried thinking he went under his bed or something but after digging he started to panic once the realization hit that Shadow really was missing.

Now all his friends were helping him look. Sticks and Tails looked in the forest and town, Knuckles checked the beach while Amy and Sonic stayed behind looking all over his home.

"He's gone forever." The blue boy cried, he always got emotional when Shadow was lost but this time he wasn't under the couch or behind the toaster. This time he was certain he was gone.

"Oh I'm sure he'll come back eventually." Amy assured, she sat on a bench Sonic had outside and gestured for him to join. Sonic let himself fall onto the bench and he began to sob on her shoulder once he was sat down.

"I'm a horrible owner, why the hell did i leave the door open?!" The azure cried.

"There there Sonic, we all make mistakes." Amy patted the crying boy's head but there was nothing that could ever cure Sonic's shattered heart.

Suddenly Tails flys down with Sticks following behind.

"Any luck?" Rose asked looking up at her two tailed friend.

"Unfortunately not." The fox sighed going up the porch steps and leaning against the wall next them.

"I'm telling you! Shadow was abducted by aliens!" Sticks yelled frantically waving her arms. "I saw a weird beam of light over the hill where Eggman lives last night! Your hedgehog is probably being feasted on and we're next!!"

"Please Sticks, now's not the time." The pink hedgie sighed.

"You all might think I'm crazy but i saw it!" The badger hissed before walking off to her tree house or something.

"What if Sticks is right though?" Sonic sniffed. "What if Shadow was abducted?"

"Sticks is crazy, don't listen to her she's probably on something." Tails said sitting next to his emotionally broken friend. "Im sure Shadow's scurrying around somewhere, he'll come back eventually, he loves you."

"Or maybe he was eaten by bears!" Sonic sobbed. "Or maybe foxes, those things are horrifying to small hedgehogs."

"Hey!" Tails yelled offended.

"Not you Tails, if anything you're the least intimidating in the group. If you were in a horror movie, you'd die first."

"That's not true! I'd use my brain to get us out of the situation."

"Hey Tails at least you're not like me." Sonic cried. "I took a stupid quiz and it said i'd be the one most likely to get ra-"

"Guys i found him!" Knuckles screeched from a distance.

Sonic smiled and raised his head but he frowned once he saw what the red muscular echidna held in his hand.

"Knuckles, why are you so stupid?" Sonic sighed, he wasn't really sad anymore just disappointed. "That's not Shadow, it's not even close to being a hedgehog. It's just a stupid bat."

"Where'd you find that thing anyway?" Amy asked.

"I dunno, in a cave i think but maybe someone lost it." Knuckles said, he wasn't really the smartest of the bunch. "I'll put missing posters up but until then the little guy's staying with me."

"Knuckles i don't think-" Tails grabbed Amy's arm before she could finish her sentence.

"Just let him keep it," The kit whispered. "maybe having something to take care of will make his brain grow."

"Bats are wild animals though, she'll tear up your house!"

"She?! Amy Rose, are you assuming genders!"

As all three argued Sonic sighed and got up from his seat annoyed by his comrades.

He walked straight into the forest looking for his pet by himself. When he relized he had no luck, he slumped against a tree and looked up at the clouds feeling a single tear trickle down his cheek.

He missed his pet but little did he know, he'd see him soon

..